This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Ryan Zimmerman and Anthony Rendon are both questionable today, which would hurt the Nats lineup against the lefty.
- Ji-Man Choi and Freddy Galvis are a couple of AL East names with questionable tags next to their name.
- Hunter Dozier was listed as day-to-day, and did miss some time during the week.
- There was talks of Rougned Odor joining the team for the Seattle series.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
San Diego Padres (14-11) @ Washington Nationals (11-12)
Starting Pitchers: Matt Strahm (L) vs. Max Scherzer (R)
- There is some rain in this one, but this looks to be the playable game out of the East Coast ones. Scherzer is just a -177 home favorite against the Padres, which is a rather low mark for him.
- Max Scherzer has a 32% strikeout rate this season, and a 42% hard-contact rate allowed. His expected stats are better than the real ones.
- Franmil Reyes has been red hot and has a 52% hard-contact rate and .706 xSLG.
Miami Marlins (8-17) @ Philadelphia Phillies (13-12)
Starting Pitchers: Jose Urena (R) vs. Jerad Eickhoff (R)
- Rain is in the area, and there could be some delays for this one. The Phillies are -170 favorites, and have an implied total near five.
- Jose Urena has not been the good Miami arm, allowing a 43% hard-contact rate, and over a .330 xwOBA.
- Jerad Eickhoff will make another start, and he has a 33% strikeout rate in a small 2019 sample.
Oakland Athletics (14-13) @ Toronto Blue Jays (11-14)
Starting Pitchers: Mike Fiers (R) vs. Marcus Stroman (R)
- VLAD JR IS DEBUTING TONIGHT, THAT IS ALL THE NEWS YOU NEED.
Tampa Bay Rays (16-9) @ Boston Red Sox (11-15)
Starting Pitchers: Charlie Morton (R) vs. TBD (R)
- Another rain game here in Boston, and there is a PPD chance.
- No starter announced yet for Boston, but Charlie Morton has been strong this season holding hitters to a 32% hard-contact rate and 31% strikeout rate.
Milwaukee Brewers (13-13) @ New York Mets (13-11)
Starting Pitchers: Chase Anderson (R) vs. Jacob deGrom (R)
- This is the game with the most PPD chance, as heavy rain and winds will be moving in at game time with no real window after.
- Jacob deGrom would be making his first start after the elbow scare, but this one looks doubtful to play.
Colorado Rockies (11-14) @ Atlanta Braves (12-12)
Starting Pitchers: Antonio Senzatela (R) vs. Max Fried (L)
- Atlanta sit as heavier home favorites, at -167, taking on Colorado. The Braves have an implied total near five.
- Max Fried has been a serviceable lefty, holding teams to under a 30% hard-contact rate. On the other side, Antonio Senzatela has allowed a 51% hard-contact rate.
Baltimore Orioles (10-16) @ Minnesota Twins (13-9)
Starting Pitchers: Alex Cobb (R) vs. Martin Perez (L)
- The Twins have the healthiest implied total of the night at 5.6, and are -186 home favorites against the Orioles.
- Martin Perez has made some changes not throwing his fastball or sinker as much. Hitters have averaged expected stats and just a 27% hard-contact rate.
- Twins offense is in a prime spot, as Alex Cobb is allowing over a 50% hard-contact rate and .767 xSLG.
Detroit Tigers (12-12) @ Chicago White Sox (9-14)
Starting Pitchers: Daniel Norris (L) vs. Carlos Rodon (L)
- Winds blowing out to center with two lefties that can allow the long ball. High total around 9-9.5 in this one.
- Carlos Rodon has been the better of the two lefties going today. He has a 29% strikeout rate, using that nasty slider 39% of the time.
- Daniel Norris has allowed a 44% hard-contact rate, and .488 xSLG.
Cleveland Indians (14-10) @ Houston Astros (15-10)
Starting Pitchers: Corey Kluber (R) vs. Collin McHugh (R)
- Corey Kluber has not had an ideal start to the season, and he is tough to trust in a matchup against Houston. Kluber has just a 23.8% strikeout rate this season, and his walks have been up as well.
- Collin McHugh continues to boast strong numbers, and has a 26% strikeout rate. His slider is used over 40% of the time.
Los Angeles Angels (10-16) @ Kansas City Royals (8-17)
Starting Pitchers: Tyler Skaggs (L) vs. Danny Duffy (L)
- The Angels have a 4.7 implied total, and are -120 road favorites against Danny Duffy and his first 2019 start.
- Last season Duffy struggled, but has looked sharp in rehab. He will take on a contact heavy Angels team with very little power outside of Mike Trout.
Cincinnati Reds (10-14) @ St. Louis Cardinals (15-9)
Starting Pitchers: Anthony DeSclafani (R) vs. Miles Mikolas (R)
- The Reds have an implied total under four, and are +134 dogs against the Cardinals on the road.
- Miles Mikolas has an XFIP and SIERA over five, and a strikeout rate sitting at 12%. He was never a strikeout guy, but Mikolas is not the arm he was last season.
- Anthony DeSclafani is in a tough matchup, but has a 26% strikeout rate and is better against right-handed heavy lineups like the Cardinals.
Chicago Cubs (12-11) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (15-11)
Starting Pitchers: Kyle Hendricks (R) vs. Robbie Ray (L)
- This game is basically a pick’em with Vegas, and implied totals sit at 4.5 despite two above average arms on the hill.
- Kyle Hendricks is coming off a strong game, but his expected stats are still rather poor. Robbie Ray is on the opposite side where his numbers should start to regress a bit.
- Javier Baez leads the Cubs in hard-contact at 52%.
Texas Rangers (12-12) @ Seattle Mariners (17-11)
Starting Pitchers: Shelby Miller (R) vs. Yusei Kikuchi (L)
- Seattle is coming off a monster offensive night again, and have an implied total over five runs. The Mariners are -160 home favorites.
- Both arms going tonight have a sub 20% strikeout rate, but Kikuchi has been better at limiting damage. Miller has been hammered, and not by luck.
Pittsburgh Pirates (12-11) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (16-11)
Starting Pitchers: Chris Archer (R) vs. Hyun-Jin Ryu (L)
- The Dodgers are back at home, and are -172 favorites against the Pirates. Low scoring game projected, according to Vegas.
- Both arms going tonight rely more on their off-speed stuff, and it shows with strikeout rates over 25%. Ryu has the 2.5% walk rate that bests Archer.
New York Yankees (14-11) @ San Francisco Giants (11-14)
Starting Pitchers: James Paxton (L) vs. Madison Bumgarner (L)
- Two strong lefties are on the hill, and the Yankees are slight road favorites. They will lose the DH, and both teams have an implied total under four.
- Both arms are in excellent spots, but you have to like James Paxton’s strikeout upside more in this spot as he has a 37% strikeout rate this season. Bumgarner sits at 24%.