This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Anthony Rendon is questionable again for the Nationals, and has been on and off for the last week.
- J.D. Martinez was scratched yesterday, and is listed as questionable for today with a back injury.
- Robinson Cano was lifted yesterday, and we will see if he is in the lineup.
- Fernando Tatis had a brutal stretch yesterday leading to what should be some missed time.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
St. Louis Cardinals (17-10) @ Washington Nationals (12-14)
Starting Pitchers: Michael Wacha (R) vs. Patrick Corbin (L)
- The Nationals are -142 favorites in a crucial series to get hot again. St. Louis come in 8-2 in their last ten games, but are 5-6 on the road.
- Patrick Corbin has a 30% strikeout rate this season, and will face a right-handed heavy lineup. Cardinals have over a .180 ISO off left-handers since last season.
- Washington’s lineup has over a .350 wOBA and .200 ISO off right-handers since last season.
Oakland Athletics (14-16) @ Boston Red Sox (11-17)
Starting Pitchers: Frankie Montas (R) vs. Eduardo Rodriguez (L)
- Boston finally have Vegas scale back, as they are just -137 favorites. Eduardo Rodriguez has been their best arm so far this season, but faces a right-handed heavy Oakland lineup.
- Frankie Montas has been solid against right-handers, allowing a .260 wOBA and .117 ISO. Boston’s lineup has just a .343 wOBA and .164 ISO against righties this year.
- Oakland has five bats with over a .400 wOBA off southpaws this season.
Cincinnati Reds (11-16) @ New York Mets (14-13)
Starting Pitchers: Tanner Roark (R) vs. Zack Wheeler (R)
- Zack Wheeler is a -152 home favorite against the Reds. He will face six lefties in the Reds lineup tonight, but they are implied for under four runs.
- Tanner Roark has allowed a .537 wOBA and .324 ISO to lefties this season, and will face three or possibly four of them in tonight’s matchup.
- Zack Wheeler has a 26% strikeout rate this season, and importantly for this matchup has held lefties to a .291 wOBA and .105 ISO.
San Diego Padres (16-12) @ Atlanta Braves (13-14)
Starting Pitchers: Nick Margevicius (L) vs. Mike Soroka (R)
- Atlanta the only team currently with over a five run total, although Boston sits at 4.9. They are -161 home favorites against the Padres.
- Mike Soroka has a 27% strikeout rate so far in 2019, and faces a San Diego lineup that has a 24.4% strikeout rate against right-handers.
- Five Atlanta bats have over a .400 wOBA off left-handers so far this season.
Houston Astros (17-11) @ Minnesota Twins (16-9)
Starting Pitchers: Justin Verlander (R) vs. Jake Odorizzi (R)
- Justin Verlander is a -168 favorite in Minnesota, just like old times. He is coming off an eight strikeout performance against this Minnesota team, who have an implied 3.7 run total.
- Jake Odorizzi has a 4.78 xFIP this season, and his strikeout rate is starting to come back down to the norm. He is allowing a 47% hard-contact to right-handers.
- Minnesota’s projected lineup has a .370 wOBA and .255 ISO off right-handers this season.
Colorado Rockies (13-15) @ Milwaukee Brewers (15-14)
Starting Pitchers: Kyle Freeland (L) vs. Zach Davies (R)
- A Divisional Series rematch awaits, and Kyle Freeland will return after a brief IL stint. Colorado are +108 dogs, and both teams have under a 4.5 implied total.
- Freeland is coming off the IL, but a non arm injury. He has a 3.77 xFIP and 25% strikeout rate this season. Brewers have six bats in their lineup with over a 20% strikeout rate against southpaws this season.
- Charlie Blackmon has a .387 wOBA and .224 ISO off right-handers this season.
Baltimore Orioles (10-19) @ Chicago White Sox (11-14)
Starting Pitchers: John Means (L) vs. Manny Banuelos (L)
- Another matchup between these two teams, which was an offensive showdown back in Baltimore. This time they square off in Chicago, and implied totals are a little more moderate.
- Two lefties on the hill today, and neither of them are all that great. Banuelos has a poor 14% walk rate, while Means has a better strikeout rate of 27%.
- White Sox have some strong bats against left-handed pitching, like Jose Abreu, Tim Anderson, and James McCann.
Tampa Bay Rays (18-9) @ Kansas City Royals (9-19)
Starting Pitchers: Ryan Stanek (R) vs. Brad Keller (R)
- Tampa Bay has over a 4.5 implied total and are -136 favorites against the Royals.
- It is a bullpen game for the Rays, taking on a Royals offense that actually has some decent pop.
- Keller has allowed a .242 ISO to right-handers this season, and has an xFIP over five.
Los Angeles Dodgers (19-11) @ San Francisco Giants (11-17)
Starting Pitchers: Kenta Maeda (R) vs. Jeff Samardzija (R)
- The Dodgers are -145 road favorites against their division rivals. San Francisco has under a 3.5 implied total.
- Samardzija has continued to have issues with lefties, allowing a .373 wOBA and .222 ISO to them this season.
- Maeda has not had a great 2019, with an xFIP over five, and allowing over a .200 ISO to both sides of the plate.