This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Trevor Story left last night’s game after being hit by a pitch on his calf. It doesn’t seem like a serious injury, but keep an eye on the lineup anyway.
- David Dahl is another Rockies player that left, and it is usual to see Dahl with injuries. He is more likely to be out tonight than Story.
- Kole Calhoun knocked his knee into the wall, and Zack Cozart left the game after being hit by pitch. Both are questionable for Monday’s game.
- Tim Beckham looks to have dodged a major hamstring injury, but keep an eye on his status today.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
Tampa Bay Rays (7-3) @ Chicago White Sox (3-5)
Starting Pitchers: Blake Snell (L) vs. Carlos Rodon (L)
- Yandy Diaz continues to be on fire, and will be leading off today against Carlos Rodon. They will bring seven right-handed bats to the plate, making it tough on Rodon to get much going.
- Tampa are huge -167 road favorites, and Chicago has just a 3.3 implied total on the slate. Early slates, Snell is the easy ace to go with.
Pittsburgh Pirates (5-3) @ Chicago Cubs (2-7)
Starting Pitchers: Jameson Taillon (R) vs. Jon Lester (L)
- Pittsburgh’s dustup with the Reds yesterday led to no suspensions or punishment at the moment. Their lineup is about the same as any other day. They will take on Jon Lester, who lucked out against them numerous times.
- It is the first game at Wrigley this season, and the Cubs are just slight favorites. There is also no Wrigley wind blowing in or out.
Oakland Athletics (6-7) @ Baltimore Orioles (4-5)
Starting Pitchers: Marco Estrada (R) vs. Andrew Cashner (R)
- Offense is looking likely here, as Oakland has an implied total of 5.5 and Baltimore is at 4.6, which is a lot for them. Both right-handers are very mediocre in this spot.
- Public is leaning heavy on Oakland as -139 road favorites in this spot. Khris Davis should be back in the lineup after having the day off.
Washington Nationals (4-4) @ Philadelphia Phillies (6-2)
Starting Pitchers: Anibal Sanchez (R) vs. Vince Velasquez (R)
- There is some light rain in the area, but nothing that looks to derail this game. The Phillies are -135 home favorites, with an implied run total of 5.2 runs.
- Brian Dozier has been hitting second in the order with Trea Turner out, but continues his first half struggles.
New York Yankees (5-4) @ Houston Astros (5-5)
Starting Pitchers: Masahiro Tanaka (R) vs. Justin Verlander (R)
- New York will come into Houston for a tough series, and start off against Justin Verlander. This is a great bounce back spot for Verlander despite facing a strong lineup. The strikeout outs are there for him.
- Vegas is looking at a low scoring game with the two arms on the hill for this one.
Los Angeles Dodgers (8-2) @ St. Louis Cardinals (4-5)
Starting Pitchers: Hyun-Jin Ryu (L) vs. Miles Mikolas (R)
- The Dodgers come in red hot, and so is Cody Bellinger belting yet another home run last night. This matchup is a little more even, as Miles Mikolas will try to limit this offense.
- Outside of Matt Carpenter up front, Hyun-Jin Ryu will have to face some strong right-handed bats that do damage against left-handed pitching.
Seattle Mariners (9-2) @ Kansas City Royals (2-6)
Starting Pitchers: Felix Hernandez (R) vs. Homer Bailey (R)
- Seattle is on a heater, and a warmer than usual night in Kansas City has Vegas looking at some high totals in this one. Having King Felix and Homer Bailey on the hill helps as well. Both sit with an implied total of five on the slate.
- Tim Beckham is a questionable name in the lineup, but the front six hitters for Seattle are excellent targets for DFS.
Atlanta Braves (5-4) @ Colorado Rockies (3-7)
Starting Pitchers: Julio Teheran (R) vs. Kyle Freeland (L)
- Coors is on our hands tonight, as Atlanta travels in for their first game. We will need to see what kind of value pops up in the lineups for this one.
- Freeland has pitched well in his first two games, and will face a daunting lineup. However, Atlanta has been hit or miss this season against left-handed pitching.
San Diego Padres (6-4) @ San Francisco Giants (3-7)
Starting Pitchers: Eric Lauer (L) vs. Madison Bumgarner (L)
- This is a rematch of an earlier game this season, and Madison Bumgarner has looked good in his last two starts. He is one of the few notable names on this slate for pitching.
- This game has the lowest run total of any other game, moving to a spacious ballpark and the Giants can’t hit, so it makes all the sense in the world.
Milwaukee Brewers (8-2) @ Los Angeles Angels (4-6)
Starting Pitchers: Jhoulys Chacin (R) vs. Trevor Cahill (R)
- Mike Trout has homered in four straight games, and will get Jhoulys Chacin tonight. He is the only offense the Angels have right now, and their implied totals continue to be far and above what they are scoring this season.
- Milwaukee will get the DH in an AL ballpark, expect to see Eric Thames in the lineup.