This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Ryan Braun is questionable for today’s game against the Phillies, although it is a tough matchup for him anyway, as Nola still has held right-handers at bay.
- Nelson Cruz was lifted in the middle of yesterday’s game and is considered questionable for tonight’s. He would be in a premium spot against the left-hander.
- Dee Gordon hasn’t been in the IL, but he continues to sit out due to the wrist injury.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
Baltimore Orioles (14-26) @ New York Yankees (24-16)
Starting Pitchers: David Hess (R) vs. Jonathan Loaisiga (R)
- There is a lot of rain in the area, so a PPD has potential here. The Yankees are monster -221 favorites, and have over a five implied total.
- The Yankees are 7-3 in the last ten games, and are 13-9 at home.
Milwaukee Brewers (24-18) @ Philadelphia Phillies (23-16)
Starting Pitchers: TBD (R) vs. Aaron Nola (R)
- Still waiting on a starter for Milwaukee tonight, but they are +132 dogs on the road against Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia has won seven of their last ten games, and are 14-7 at home.
- Milwaukee is 7-3 in their last ten as well, but have struggled on the road, going 8-10.
Houston Astros (26-15) @ Detroit Tigers (18-20)
Starting Pitchers: Brad Peacock (R) vs. Matt Boyd (L)
- Houston are -153 road favorites against the Tigers, who have under a four implied total. Despite Matt Boyd’s success this season, Houston has a 4.8 implied total.
- The Astros have won five straight, and are 8-2 in their last ten games. They have a +69 run differential on the year. Nice.
Los Angeles Angels (19-21) @ Minnesota Twins (25-14)
Starting Pitchers: Tyler Skaggs (L) vs. Jose Berrios (R)
- The Twins line has dropped quite a bit, and are -133 favorites at home against the Angels. With Jose Berrios on the mound, they have a four implied total.
- Minnesota is 13-7 at home this season, and are 6-4 over the last ten games.
Cleveland Indians (21-18) @ Chicago White Sox (18-21)
Starting Pitchers: Shane Bieber (R) vs. Reynaldo Lopez (R)
- Shane Bieber and the Indians are -154 favorites on the road against Chicago. Cleveland’s implied total is sitting at 4.8. The White Sox sit a full run under.
- The White Sox are 8-10 at home, and both teams are playing right around .500 in their last ten games.
Pittsburgh Pirates (20-17) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (22-19)
Starting Pitchers: Nick Kingham (R) vs. Robbie Ray (L)
- Arizona are growing favorites, sitting at -165. Their implied total has jumped to over five, while Pittsburgh’s sits at just four.
- Arizona has lost three straight, while Pittsburgh is on a three game winning streak. Both are trending in opposite directions.
Oakland Athletics (19-23) @ Seattle Mariners (20-23)
Starting Pitchers: Mike Fiers (R) vs. Yusei Kikuchi (L)
- Seattle are slight home favorites against the A’s, who have around just a four implied total.
- Oakland is 5-13 on the road this season, and are 5-5 in their last tan games.