This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Aaron Hicks has been activated off the IL, but Miguel Andujar is going back on.
- Ryan Braun is dealing with a hamstring issue, but did pinch hit last night.
- Nelson Cruz is going to avoid the IL, but might take a few days off. His teammate Jonathan Schoop is also dealing with some soreness, and has missed the last two games.
- David Price should return to make a start this week, and Boston has already said he will not need a rehab start.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
Cleveland Indians (21-19) @ Chicago White Sox (19-21)
Starting Pitchers: Carlos Carrasco (R) vs. Manny Banuelos (L)
- Cleveland has a -12 run differential this season, and are 4-6 in their last ten games.
- The Indians are big road favorites at -166, and have an implied total of 4.9.
Baltimore Orioles (14-26) @ New York Yankees (24-16)
Starting Pitchers: Andrew Cashner (R) vs. J.A. Happ (L)
- The Orioles are 3-10 against left-handed pitching this season.
- Yesterday was a PPD, and we jump to the next guys in the rotation today. J.A. Happ is a -238 home favorite, and Baltimore sits with a 3.3 implied total.
Chicago Cubs (24-14) @ Cincinnati Reds (18-23)
Starting Pitchers: Kyle Hendricks (R) vs. Tanner Roark (R)
- The Cubs have the second best record in baseball, and are 8-2 in their last ten games.
- Chicago are -132 favorites on the road, and have a near five implied total against Tanner Roark.
New York Mets (19-20) @ Washington Nationals (16-24)
Starting Pitchers: Noah Syndergaard (R) vs. Jerad Eickhoff (R)
- Washington has really been struggling bad of late. They are 3-7 in the last ten games.
- The Mets are -155 road favorites against Washington, who have a 3.8 implied total. The Mets have a sneaky implied total at 4.8.
Milwaukee Brewers (24-18) @ Philadelphia Phillies (23-16)
Starting Pitchers: Brandon Woodruff (R) vs. Jerad Eickhoff (R)
- The Phillies have been under the radar of late, as the main focus is on the struggles of Aaron Nola and Bryce Harper. They are 8-2 against teams above .500.
- This game is sitting as a near pick’em, and both teams hover around a 4.3 implied total.
Tampa Bay Rays (24-15) @ Miami Marlins (10-29)
Starting Pitchers: Charlie Morton (R) vs. Caleb Smith (L)
- The Rays are 8-3 against left-handed pitching this season, but Caleb Smith has been excellent this season.
- Super low total here in Miami, with two above average arms on the hill. TB loses the DH, but it is more about how good Caleb Smith has been.
Colorado Rockies (19-21) @ Boston Red Sox (22-19)
Starting Pitchers: Kyle Freeland (L) vs. Chris Sale (L)
- Boston is red hot, and are 8-2 in the last ten, winning five straight.
- Chris Sale looks back and the Sox are -262 favorites. Colorado have a three implied total, while Boston sit over five.
Houston Astros (27-15) @ Detroit Tigers (18-21)
Starting Pitchers: Wade Miley (L) vs. Ryan Carpenter (L)
- Houston is one of the top teams against left-handed pitching, as we saw last night, but are 8-3.
- The Astros are 9-1 in their last ten games, and have won six straight.
- Houston are big -191 favorites with over a six implied total.
St. Louis Cardinals (22-19) @ Atlanta Braves (21-20)
Starting Pitchers: Jack Flaherty (R) vs. Mike Foltynewicz (R)
- St. Louis is really struggling of late, going 2-8 in their last ten games. Atlanta has been very average this season, but have won three straight.
- The Cardinals are road favorites against the Braves, and Mike Foltynewicz has struggled since returning from injury.
Los Angeles Angels (20-21) @ Minnesota Twins (25-15)
Starting Pitchers: Cam Bedrosian (R) vs. Kyle Gibson (R)
- The Twins have lost two straight after a strong stretch. Good chance to get back on track in what seems to be a bullpen game for Los Angeles.
- Nelson Cruz and Jonathan Schoop are both questionable for today’s game, which would be a blow to the offense.
Texas Rangers (17-21) @ Kansas City Royals (14-27)
Starting Pitchers: Shelby Miller (R) vs. Danny Duffy (L)
- Two of the poorer teams in baseball square off. Texas struggles on the road, going 5-14 this season. KC is now about 14 games under .500.
- Both teams, despite having poor offenses, have over a 4.5 implied total. The KC offense has been hit or miss, but have a 5.4 implied total.
Pittsburgh Pirates (20-18) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (23-19)
Starting Pitchers: Joe Musgrove (R) vs. Jared Weaver (R)
- Pittsburgh is 4-13 against teams above .500, as they have picked on the poorer teams in baseball. Arizona continues to be a strong offense which is tough for this staff to get through.
- Arizona come in as -146 favorites and have a five implied total.
Toronto Blue Jays (16-24) @ San Francisco Giants (17-23)
Starting Pitchers: Trent Thornton (R) vs. Nick Vincent (R)
- Two bottom five offenses in the best pitcher’s park baseball, this is an extremely low scoring game predicted, and you can see why.
- Both teams have under a four implied total. This game is also close to a pick’em.
Oakland Athletics (19-23) @ Seattle Mariners (20-23)
Starting Pitchers: Brett Anderson (L) vs. Mike Leake (R)
- The Mariners are 3-8 against left-handed pitching this season.
- A couple of implied totals around 4.5 puts this as a sneaky DFS game to target against two arms that are average at best.
San Diego Padres (22-19) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (27-16)
Starting Pitchers: Chris Paddack (R) vs. Clayton Kershaw (L)
- San Diego is in a stretch where they can get the attention of people that don’t take them seriously. Chris Paddack is in a showdown with another ace, this time Clayton Kershaw.
- The implied total on both sides is below four, and Chris Paddack gets a tough Dodgers offense that will be fun to watch.