This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Nelson Cruz and Dee Gordon remain questionable for tonight’s matchup.
- Zack Greinke left last night’s game with an abdominal injury.
- David Price is going to throw a bullpen session Friday, and likely will return within the next few days.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
Baltimore Orioles (14-28) @ Cleveland Indians (22-19)
Starting Pitchers: Dan Straily (R) vs. Trevor Bauer (R)
- As expected, Cleveland are whopping favorites against the Orioles. They sit at -289 and have an implied total of 5.8.
- Jose Ramirez is hitting 5th in the order, and they will bring seven left-handed hitters to the table against Straily.
Chicago Cubs (25-15) @ Cincinnati Reds (19-24)
Starting Pitchers: Jose Quintana (R) vs. Luis Castillo (R)
- The Cubs come into Cincy with an implied total of four today. Luis Castillo has been dominant this season, and we will see him take on a strong offense.
- Chicago has gone 7-3 over the last ten games, but are 10-9 on the road.
St. Louis Cardinals (23-20) @ Atlanta Braves (22-21)
Starting Pitchers: Adam Wainwright (R) vs. Julio Teheran (R)
- St. Louis are slight road dogs against the Braves, and both teams have over a 4.5 implied total. Two arms that can struggle will square off.
- The Cardinals are 3-7 over the last ten games, and have struggled on the road going 9-11.
Toronto Blue Jays (17-25) @ Chicago White Sox (19-22)
Starting Pitchers: Marcus Stroman (R) vs. Dylan Covey (R)
- We have seen the total on Toronto be high before, and their implied total is five. Whether their offense clicks is another story.
- Toronto comes in 2-8 over the last ten games.
Minnesota Twins (27-15) @ Seattle Mariners (22-23)
Starting Pitchers: Michael Pineda (R) vs. Erik Swanson (R)
- Two arms that allow the long ball are on the hill. This is basically a pick’em and both teams have an implied total of 4.8.
- The Twins continue to roll going 7-3 in their last ten games. Minnesota is 12-7 on the road.
- Seattle are 5-19 against teams above .500.
Pittsburgh Pirates (21-19) @ San Diego Padres (22-21)
Starting Pitchers: Trevor Williams (R) vs. Eric Lauer (L)
- Not a lot of offense projected tonight. San Diego sits at four runs, and the Pirates are at 3.6.
- The Pirates are 6-4 in their last ten games, and their x-w/l sits at 15-25. They’ve been pretty lucky, and struggle against teams over .500 going 5-14.
- San Diego ran into some trouble in Los Angeles, and are now six games back in the West.