This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Juan Soto was scratched from Washington’s lineup yesterday. He is dealing with back spasms.
- Josh Donaldson missed out again from yesterday, and we would see Johan Camargo in the lineup again if he sits.
- Christian Yelich isn’t expected back until the Mets series.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
St. Louis Cardinals (20-11) @ Chicago Cubs (16-12)
Starting Pitchers: Jack Flaherty (R) vs. Kyle Hendricks (R)
- Early game for the Cubs-Cardinals, which has already started. Both implied totals were under four, with two strong right-handers on the hill.
- The Cubs will be looking to close the gap between them and the Cardinals.
Oakland Athletics (14-19) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (14-14)
Starting Pitchers: Brett Anderson (L) vs. Joe Musgrove (R)
- There is some rain in the area, which could cause a lengthy delay or PPD tonight.
- Not a lot of offense is projected for this game, as both implied totals are under 4.5.
Minnesota Twins (19-10) @ New York Yankees (17-13)
Starting Pitchers: Kyle Gibson (R) vs. James Paxton (L)
- The Yankees are -154 favorites, as James Paxton looks to shut down the Minnesota Twins, who have a 3.4 implied total.
- Paxton has a 36% strikeout rate this season, and that leads all pitchers today.
- Kyle Gibson has whiff rates over 40% on a few of his pitches, and has strikeout potential against the Yanks Triple-A lineup.
Tampa Bay Rays (20-11) @ Baltimore Orioles (11-21)
Starting Pitchers: Tyler Glasnow (R) vs. Dan Straily (R)
- The Rays are -226 favorites on the road tonight, and have an implied total over 5.5, which is the highest on the slate.
- Dan Straily has a 10% strikeout rate and 6.37 SIERA. The Rays are in a terrific spot for DFS tonight.
- Glasnow has a 27.7% strikeout rate, as his stellar season continues.
Washington Nationals (13-17) @ Philadelphia Phillies (17-13)
Starting Pitchers: Jeremy Hellickson (R) vs. Jerad Eickhoff (R)
- The Phillies are -166 favorites, and are another team with over a five implied total. Offense has been cold of late, but are in a good spot.
- Bryce Harper is struggling, but Hellickson has been tagged by left-handers this season. He also has a 5.69 SIERA.
- Eickhoff has improved stuff this season, and has a 30% strikeout rate so far in 2019.
San Francisco Giants (13-18) @ Cincinnati Reds (13-18)
Starting Pitchers: Tyler Beede (R) vs. Sonny Gray (R)
- Tyler Beede is a road dog in his first start, and the Reds have a growing implied total of 4.5.
- Sonny Gray has been sneaky good this season with a 30% strikeout rate and 3.12 SIERA.
Atlanta Braves (15-16) @ Miami Marlins (9-21)
Starting Pitchers: Kevin Gausman (R) vs. Jose Urena (R)
- The Braves are -158 road favorites, and Kevin Gausman is in a good spot. Miami has an implied total under four runs.
- Jose Urena has just a 15% strikeout rate against the Braves, while Gausman has over a 26% strikeout rate.
Seattle Mariners (18-15) @ Cleveland Indians (16-13)
Starting Pitchers: Yusei Kikuchi (L) vs. Shane Bieber (R)
- Cleveland has a 4.6 implied total and are -136 favorites against a slumping Seattle team.
- Bieber has a 27% strikeout rate and while he has struggled against lefties in his career.
- Kikuchi has been struggling in the MLB has a 4.46 SIERA and below a 20% strikeout rate.
Kansas City Royals (11-21) @ Detroit Tigers (13-15)
Starting Pitchers: Jorge Lopez (R) vs. Matt Boyd (L)
- The Tigers are -154 home favorites, as Matt Boyd takes the hill. He has been tremendous this season, and Royals have under a four implied total.
- Boyd has a 31% strikeout rate this season and has been a bright spot for the Tigers. It is a good spot for Mondesi and Merrifield who have SB upside in this matchup.
Toronto Blue Jays (14-17) @ Texas Rangers (14-15)
Starting Pitchers: Trent Thornton (R) vs. Mike Minor (L)
- Texas is one of the few teams with over a five implied total tonight.
- Mike Minor has a 4.02 SIERA and 25% strikeout rate this season, and is the only Rangers pitcher worth using.
- Trent Thornton has been a little unlucky last few starts, and still has a 27% strikeout rate and 4.04 SIERA.
Boston Red Sox (14-18) @ Chicago White Sox (14-15)
Starting Pitchers: Chris Sale (L) vs. Reynaldo Lopez (R)
- Chris Sale will take the hill, and is a -184 road favorite. A bit high given his form this season, and you have been profitable hammering the other team’s money line or team totals.
- Reynaldo Lopez has struggled with the long ball and has a 5.36 xFIP. Tough draw against a power heavy Boston offense.
New York Mets (16-15) @ Milwaukee Brewers (17-16)
Starting Pitchers: Steven Matz (L) vs. Brandon Woodruff (R)
- The Brewers are -132 home favorites tonight, and have a sneaky total over 4.5 implied runs.
- Steven Matz is an average southpaw, in a tough spot against a heavy right-handed lineup against Milwaukee. They have some power right-handed bats to worry about. Brandon Woodruff won’t go deep into games, but provides some stability to get to the pen.
Arizona Diamondbacks (18-13) @ Colorado Rockies (15-17)
Starting Pitchers: Robbie Ray (L) vs. Tyler Anderson (L)
- Typical Coors Vegas numbers, as both teams have over a 5.5 implied total. This game is close to being a pick’em as well.
- The Rockies have a .429 wOBA against Ray with their current roster, and this is over 150 PA.
- Robbie Ray and Tyler Anderson are both bottom ten in SIERA on the slate.
Los Angeles Dodgers (20-13) @ San Diego Padres (18-14)
Starting Pitchers: Clayton Kershaw (L) vs. Eric Lauer (L)
- The Dodgers are -151 favorites on the road against the Padres, and Clayton Kershaw has been riding hot since coming back.
- Padres current roster has a 24% strikeout rate and .245 wOBA off Kershaw.
- Since returning from injury, has a 28.8% strikeout, and 3.04 SIERA.