This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Shohei Ohtani is expected back in the lineup tonight, which will give the Angels another usable fantasy bat.
- Anthony Rendon is also expected to return tonight. However, Yan Gomes and Michael Taylor are both questionable.
- Lorenzo Cain missed out last night, and remains day-to-day with a hand injury.
- The A’s had the day off on Monday, but Khris Davis remains questionable.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
Chicago White Sox (15-18) @ Cleveland Indians (18-15)
Starting Pitchers: Lucas Giolito (R) vs. Jefry Rodriguez (R)
- The Indians are favorites again, sitting at -131. Chicago was a big underdog win yesterday against Trevor Bauer.
- Tim Anderson currently leads the league in SB at 12. He also has a 141 wRC+.
- Lucas Giolito has upped his strikeout rate to 29% this season.
Seattle Mariners (19-18) @ New York Yankees (20-14)
Starting Pitchers: Marco Gonzales (L) vs. Masahiro Tanaka (R)
- The Yankees are starting to get healthier, and have an implied total over five against the Mariners.
- Masahiro Tanaka average at best this season with a 22% strikeout rate and 4.17 SIERA.
Texas Rangers (16-16) @ Pittsburgh Pirates (16-15)
Starting Pitchers: Adrian Sampson (R) vs. Steven Brault (L)
- The Pirates are -134 favorites at home. Texas struggles on the road, and will also lose the DH tonight.
- Adrian Sampson is due for some regression with an 84 LOB% and 4.84 SIERA.
Boston Red Sox (17-19) @ Baltimore Orioles (13-22)
Starting Pitchers: Hector Velazquez (R) vs. David Hess (R)
- Boston has a 5.9 implied total and are -186 road favorites against Baltimore.
- Hess might be the worst arm on the slate, allowing a 2.37 HR/9, and has over a five ERA.
Minnesota Twins (21-12) @ Toronto Blue Jays (15-20)
Starting Pitchers: Jose Berrios (R) vs. Aaron Sanchez (R)
- Minnesota are -150 favorites on the road against the Blue Jays, as Jose Berrios takes the hill. Toronto has a 4.1 implied total.
- Eddie Rosario has 12 HR on the season, and his .172 BABIP is due for some regression in the OBP and AVG department.
Arizona Diamondbacks (20-15) @ Tampa Bay Rays (22-12)
Starting Pitchers: Taylor Clarke (R) vs. Ryan Stanek (R)
- The Rays are once again huge favorites sitting at -182. They also have an implied total of five, which is rather high for being at the Trop.
- Christian Walker leads the league in hard-contact this season, over 60%.
Los Angeles Angels (15-19) @ Detroit Tigers (15-16)
Starting Pitchers: Griffin Canning (R) vs. Daniel Norris (L)
- The Angels are -124 road favorites, and have an implied total of 4.8.
- Griffin Canning looked good in his first start, despite the ER he allowed. He had a 33% strikeout rate and 2.79 xFIP.
Washington Nationals (14-20) @ Milwaukee Brewers (21-16)
Starting Pitchers: Stephen Strasburg (R) vs. Adrian Houser (R)
- This game is basically a pick’em, as Stephen Strasburg comes into Milwaukee. We saw the upside above average pitchers can have last night, and that is the case again.
- Christian Yelich leads the league in home runs, sitting at 15.
- Stephen Strasburg has a 32% strikeout rate on the season, and has a 3.10 SIERA.
Philadelphia Phillies (19-15) @ St. Louis Cardinals (21-14)
Starting Pitchers: Aaron Nola (R) vs. Dakota Hudson (R)
- Philadelphia are small road favorites, as Aaron Nola steps in. However, St. Louis still has an implied total of 4.5.
- Aaron Nola has just a 23% strikeout rate, and really hasn’t been unlucky with ERA estimators in line with his ERA.
Miami Marlins (10-24) @ Chicago Cubs (19-13)
Starting Pitchers: Caleb Smith (L) vs. Jon Lester (L)
- Wind is blowing in, and Chicago has an implied total under four, as Miami’s sits under three.
- Caleb Smith has the highest strikeout rate on the slate, sitting at 33.6%.
Kansas City Royals (12-23) @ Houston Astros (20-14)
Starting Pitchers: Danny Duffy (L) vs. Collin McHugh (R)
- The Astros have the highest implied total on the slate, sitting at 5.9. This is even higher than Coors, as they are -236 favorites.
- George Springer mashes left-handed pitching, and has 11 HR on the season.
- Two Royals bats are currently in the top five in K%. Chris Owings and Jorge Soler.
San Francisco Giants (15-20) @ Colorado Rockies (16-19)
Starting Pitchers: Madison Bumgarner (L) vs. Anthony Senzatela (R)
- Colorado are small home favorites, as they step back into Coors. They have an implied total over five against Bumgarner.
- Bumgarner has a 4.32 ERA in 15 starts at Coors.
Cincinnati Reds (15-20) @ Oakland Athletics (15-21)
Starting Pitchers: Tyler Mahle (R) vs. Mike Fiers (R)
- Some mediocre totals here, as Oakland are small home favorites at -121.
- Mike Fiers has allowed a 1.95 HR/9 this season, and has under a 20% strikeout rate.
Atlanta Braves (18-16) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (22-14)
Starting Pitchers: Max Fried (L) vs. Hyu-Jin Ryu (L)
- The Dodgers are -143 home favorites, and Atlanta has an implied total under four runs.
- Cody Bellinger leads the league in RBI with 38.
New York Mets (16-19) @ San Diego Padres (20-16)
Starting Pitchers: Noah Syndergaard (R) vs. Cal Quantrill (R)
- Noah Syndergaard is a -141 road favorite, and San Diego has a 3.2 implied total.
- Thor has a 27% strikeout rate and 3.49 SIERA and 5.04 ERA.