This is a daily post to jumpstart your MLB research for the day. Focusing on matchups, injuries, and lineups you can enhance your knowledge for fantasy, betting, or showing up your friends and family. Follow Lineups on Twitter for live updates on everything you need for sports.
- Pretty light day for injuries, but can talk a few guys that have been and when they are expected to come back. Eloy Jimenez is one of them, who is expected to return after the Toronto series this weekend.
- Khris Davis remains out with a hip injury, and is going to be looked at again on Friday.
- David Price is working his way back, and this should be a quicker return for him off the IL.
Underneath each game you will find game and lineup notes, alongside betting and fantasy tips. Clicking into each team will bring you to their team hub where you can look at news, stats, projected lineups, schedule, and more.
Seattle Mariners (20-19) @ New York Yankees (21-15)
Starting Pitchers: Mike Leake (R) vs. J.A. Happ (L)
- The Yankees are -162 home favorites, and have a 5.4 implied total. Seattle has some pop against left-handed pitching, and get a struggling J.A. Happ.
- Both offenses are averaging over five runs per game this season. The over is 15-5 on the road for Seattle this season, and they are 15-6 ATS on the road.
- The over is 5-1 in the last six combined starts for these two arms.
Pittsburgh Pirates (17-16) @ St. Louis Cardinals (21-16)
Starting Pitchers: Joe Musgrove (R) vs. Michael Wacha (R)
- The Cardinals are -138 home favorites against Pittsburgh, who have a low four implied total despite Michael Wacha’s struggles this season.
- Wacha has allowed seven earned runs over his last three starts.
- The Cardinals are averaging 5.3 runs per game in the last ten meetings with Pittsburgh.
Texas Rangers (17-17) @ Houston Astros (22-15)
Starting Pitchers: Mike Minor (L) vs. Wade Miley (L)
- Houston are one of the larger favorites on the slate, sitting at -163. They have an implied total over five, but it is a tough matchup against the Rangers best arm.
- Houston is 6-3 against LHP this season, while Texas is 4-5. Texas is a team that struggles on the road, going 5-10 so far.
- In Minor’s last three starts against Houston, the under is 3-0, and he has held them to a total of five runs.
Atlanta Braves (18-19) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (21-16)
Starting Pitchers: Mike Soroka (R) vs. Luke Weaver (R)
- This game is an even pick’em, as both teams sit with a 4.3 implied total and are at -104. Luke Weaver and Mike Soroka are both in good form of late.
- Arizona is averaging 5.2 runs per game this season, but the over is 6-6-2 at home. The Braves over on the road is 11-5-1.
- Soroka has allowed just two earned runs in his last three starts. Weaver has allowed just four in that span, with 20 strikeouts.
Washington Nationals (14-22) @ Los Angeles Dodgers (25-14)
Starting Pitchers: Patrick Corbin (L) vs. Rich Hill (L)
- Both teams are implied for under four runs, but Washington sits at just 3.2. The Dodgers are -143 favorites.
- Public money is heavy on the Dodgers here at nearly 70%. They are 15-4 at home, which makes sense. The Dodgers are 8-6 against LHP this season and the Nationals are 2-5.
- Corbin has pitched against the Dodgers quite a bit being in Arizona the last few years. In his last three starts, he has held them to two ER.