NBA Lineups, Matchups and Injury News 3/13/19
You can find all today’s starting lineups here. Follow live updates on Twitter.
For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Heat: Josh Richardson (hamstring) is questionable.
Jazz: Ricky Rubio (hip) and Raul Neto (hamstring) are out. Dante Exum (ankle) and Ekpe Udoh (back) are probable.
Magic: Aaron Gordon (ribs) is questionable.
Nets: Treveon Graham (back) and DeMarre Carroll (knee) are out.
Suns: TJ Warren (ankle) is out.
Thunder: Markieff Morris (neck) is questionable.
Warriors: Kevin Durant (ankle) is out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Brooklyn Nets (36-33) at Oklahoma City Thunder (41-26)
Line: Thunder -7, O/U:
Thunder: 116 ppg, second-best defense in the NBA, top five pace
Nets: 112 ppg, below average defense, below average pace
- The Thunder are under .500 in their last ten. They just finished a 2-2 roadie with a 98-89 win in Utah.
- Paul George is back after missing three games with a shoulder injury, but he’s shot just 34% from the floor in the seven games he’s played in the last ten.
- Russell Westbrook is taking more of a scoring role, averaging 30 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in his last ten.
- The Nets briefly dipped below .500, but they’ve won four in a row since.
- Spencer Dinwiddie led all scorers with 19 points in a 103-75 beat down of Detroit.
- D’Angelo Russell, Allen Crabbe, Caris LeVert and three other Nets scored in double figures.
Detroit Pistons (34-32) at Miami Heat (31-35)
Line: Heat -1.5, O/U: 208
Heat: 105 ppg, top ten defense, slower than average pace
Pistons: 107 ppg, above average defense, average pace
- The Heat had won four in a row, but Toronto settled them down with a 125-104 blowout.
- Hassan Whiteside seems to have been benched for Bam Adebayo, who put up 19 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists in the loss.
- Goran Dragic is still coming off the bench as he returns from an injury that kept him out for most of the year.
- The Pistons are hot again, but their five-game winning streak came to a screeching halt 103-75 against the Nets.
- Blake Griffin only hit one shot from the floor in that game. He’s in a bit of a shooting slump, only averaging 19 a game in the last ten.
- The league’s leading rebounder Andre Drummond is averaging 18 points and 17 rebounds in his last ten.
Memphis Grizzlies (28-40) at Atlanta Hawks (23-45)
Line: Grizzlies -1.5, O/U: 224
Hawks: 112 ppg, bottom ten defense, fastest pace in the NBA
Grizzlies: 101 ppg, top ten defense, bottom five pace
- The Hawks look like they’ll be a pretty solid team for the rest of the season and beyond.
- Trae Young has been playing really well in the second half of the season, but he’s hit a bit of a skid. He’s shooting just 33% from the floor in his last five, but still averaging 17 points and 8 assists.
- John Collins is leading the team with 19 points and 10 rebounds per game this year.
- The Grizzlies have won five of their last ten. They seem to be playing better now that they’ve essentially given up on the season.
- Mike Conley averaging 26.5 points and 6 assists per game in his last five.
- Avery Bradley is averaging 16 points in his last ten and seems to enjoy playing with Memphis.
Orlando Magic (31-37) at Washington Wizards (28-39)
Line: Wizards -2, O/U: 226
Wizards: 114 ppg, bad defense, faster than average pace
Magic: 106 ppg, average defense, slow pace
- The Wizards keep winning enough to stay close in the East. It’s very odd.
- Bradley Beal put up 29 points, 9 rebounds and 9 assists in a 121-115 win over Sacramento. He’s averaging 30, 6 and 7.5 in his last ten.
- Orlando is super weird right now. They beat the good teams and lose to the worst ones including 105-97 in Memphis. They might make the playoffs even though they’re well under .500.
- Aaron Gordon is questionable tonight, averaging 16 points and 7 assists.
- Nikola Vucevic is averaging 21 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, a steal, and a rebound.
Utah Jazz (37-29) at Phoenix Suns (16-52)
Line: Jazz -8, O/U: 222
Suns: 106 ppg, bottom five defense, average pace
Jazz: 109 ppg, top five defense, average pace
- The Suns pulled off a miraculous upset in Oracle Arena the other night. They’ve won four of their last five.
- Devin Booker went off for 37 points, 11 assists, 8 boards, and 2 steals. He’s averaging 25, 7 and 4 this year.
- Deandre Ayton added 18 points, 9 rebounds and 4 assists in that game. This team has potential, they just need a few more years and pieces.
- The Jazz have lost three of their last four to the Pelicans, Grizzlies, and Thunder, and they’ve fallen all the way from sixth to eighth out West.
- Ricky Rubio has missed the last two losses, and he’s a really key piece for this team. He isn’t on the injury report, but that could change.
- Donovan Mitchell has been the go-to ball handler, averaging 30 points, 5 assists and 2 steals in his last five.
Golden State Warriors (45-21) at Houston Rockets (42-25)
Line: Rockets -3.5, O/U: 230
Rockets: 113 ppg, bottom five defense, bottom five pace
Warriors: 119 ppg, average defense, faster than average pace
- Houston can pull off a four-game season sweep against the Dubs with a win tonight.
- The Rockets have won nine in a row, and James Harden is *only* averaging 34 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists in the last ten. He’s shooting under 40% in the last five.
- Clint Capela put up 19 points and 15 boards in the last game, a 118-106 win over Charlotte
- The Warriors have played under .500 in the last ten games, coming off an embarrassing 115-111 home loss to Phoenix.
- Klay Thompson and Steph Curry combined for 8-30 from deep during the loss.
- Kevin Durant suffered a minor ankle injury in that loss, and he’s out tonight.
- DeMarcus Cousins has scored 13 or fewer for three games in a row.