NBA Matchups and Injury News 2/14/19
For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Hawks: Miles Plumlee (knee) is out. Jaylen Adams (ankle) is questionable. Kevin Huerter (ankle) is probable.
Hornets: Tony Parker (back) is doubtful. Bismack Biyombo (rest) is out.
Knicks: Emmanuel Mudiay (shoulder) is out.
Pelicans: Elfrid Payton (ankle) is questionable.
Thunder: Jerami Grant (ankle) and Dennis Schroder (personal) are out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Charlotte Hornets (27-29) at Orlando Magic (26-32)
Magic: 105 ppg, average defense, slow pace
Hornets: 111.5 ppg, below average defense, average pace.
- Orlando has won six of their last seven games, most recently dominating a listless Pelicans team in New Orleans.
- Nikola Vucevic put up 25 points and 17 boards in that game, and he’ll be going to his first All Star Game this weekend.
- The recently-acquired Markelle Fultz isn’t expected to play anytime soon, and neither is Mo Bamba who had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his tibia.
- The Hornets lost 99-90 in Indiana on Monday, shooting just 29-90 from the floor and 7-40 from deep.
- Kemba Walker led the way with 34 points, 3 assists and 9 rebounds, but it wasn’t enough.
New York Knicks (10-47) at Atlanta Hawks (19-38)
Hawks: 111 ppg, bottom ten defense, fastest pace in the NBA
Knicks: 105 ppg, second worst defense in the NBA, average pace
- The Hawks are coming off a 117-113 win over the Lakers on Tuesday night.
- Trae Young put up 22 points and 14 assists that game, and he nutmegged LeBron. The rookie is averaging 22 points and 9 assists in the last ten games.
- Atlanta is 13-15 since the middle of December, a marked improvement over the 6-23 start to their season.
- Second-year big John Collins is averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds per game this season, leading the team in both categories.
- The Knicks lave lost 18 straight, the worst single season losing streak in franchise history.
- Dennis Smith Jr. is averaging 17 points and 6 assists in his first six games as a Knick.
Oklahoma City Thunder (37-19) at New Orleans Pelicans (25-33)
Pelicans: 117 ppg, bottom five defense, top five pace
Thunder: 115 ppg, second-best defense in the NBA, top five pace
- Anthony Davis managed just 3 points and 6 rebounds, and he ripped his team’s effort in a 118-88 loss to the Magic on Tuesday.
- Jrue Holliday is averaging 21 points and 8 assists per game this year.
- The Thunder have won eleven of their last twelve, most recently winning in 117-112 in Houston behind
- In his last two games, Paul George has totaled 92 points, 23 rebounds, and 13 assists.
- Russell Westbrook has ten consecutive triple doubles a new NBA record. He’s averaging 19 points, 14 assists and 13 rebounds per game in the streak.
- Jerami Grant is missing his first game of the year for the Thunder. He’s averaging 13 points and 5 rebounds, shooting 52% from the floor and 37% from deep.