For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Celtics: Kyrie Irving (eye) is day-to-day. Robert Williams (groin) is out.
Hawks: Taurean Prince (ankle) is out.
Heat: Dion Waiters (ankle) is questionable.
Hornets: Jeremy Lamb (hamstring) is doubtful.
Nets: Allen Crabbe (knee) is out.
Pelicans: Anthony Davis (illness) is day-to-day. Nikola Mirotic (ankle) is out.
Pistons: Zaza Pachulia (leg) is day to day.
76ers: Joel Embiid (knee) is day-to-day.
Thunder: Alex Abrines (personal) is out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Miami Heat (17-18) at Cleveland Cavaliers (8-29)
Line: Heat -6, O/U: 205
Cavaliers: 102 ppg, worst defense in the NBA, third-slowest pace.
Heat: 107 ppg, top ten defense, slower than average pace.
- The Cavs have lost eight of their last nine, and the Heat have won six of their last eight.
- Tristan Thompson might return to the floor after missing his last ten games with a foot injury. He averaged 12 points and 12 boards before the injury.
- Patrick McCaw is expected to make his debut with Cleveland.
- These teams last played on Friday, a 118-94 win for Miami.
Line: Hawks +5.5, O/U: 230
Hawks: 109 ppg, bottom five defense, fastest pace in NBA
Wizards: 113 ppg, third-worst defense, fast pace
- John Wall is going to get season-ending surgery on the heel that has bothered him for his whole career. Tanking seems inevitable.
- Otto Porter Jr. is probable after missing 10 games with a knee injury.
- Don’t look now, but the Hawks are 5-5 in their last ten. They haven’t beaten a single team with a winning record in that stretch, but good for them.
- Taurean Prince is out with an ankle injury, and he averages 15 points per game for Atlanta.
Line: Hornets -2.5, O/U: 216.5
Mavericks: 111 ppg, average defense, average pace
Hornets: 114 ppg, average defense, average pace
- The Mavs are remarkably bad on the road at 2-16, while the Hornets have gone 14-7 at home.
- Dallas is 2-8 in their last ten games, a tough stretch in which they faced the Nuggets, Clippers, Warriors, and Trail Blazers. They split two home at home series with the Pelicans and Thunder.
- Kemba Walker is averaging 31 points per game in his last five.
New Orleans Pelicans (17-21) at Brooklyn Nets (17-21)
Line: Nets +1, O/U: 231
Nets: 111 ppg, below average defense, slower than average pace
Pelicans: 116 ppg, bottom-third defense, third-fastest pace
- Anthony Davis missed New Orleans’ last game against the Timberwolves due to an illness, and he’s listed as day-to-day.
- The Pelicans pulled out a win in that game, with Julius Randle doing his best AD impression for 33 points and 11 boards, Jrue Holliday dropping 26 points and 8 dimes, and Darius Miller leading the bench with 21.
- The Nets lost eight in a row, then won nine out of ten, and now they’ve lost two straight.
Detroit Pistons (16-19) at Memphis Grizzlies (18-18)
Line: Grizzlies -6, O/U: 199
Grizzlies: 102 ppg, top ten defense, bottom five pace
Pistons: 107 ppg, above average defense, average pace
- Each of these teams are 3-7 in their last ten after solid starts to the year, and the Pistons are actually 3-12 since the beginning of December.
- This should be a slow pace, low scoring rock fight of a game, with dominant big men Blake Griffin and Andre Drummond facing off against Marc Gasol and the talented rookie Jaren Jackson Jr.
Minnesota Timberwolves (17-20) at Boston Celtics (21-15)
Line: Timberwolves -5, O/U: 218
Celtics: 111.5 ppg, third-ranked defense, slower than average pace
Timberwolves: 110 ppg, below average defense, faster than average pace
- Kyrie Irving scratched his cornea in a loss against the Spurs, and he’s listed as day to day. He averaged 25 points, 7 assists, and 5 boards in December.
- Jeff Teague and Derrick Rose both missed Minnesota’s last loss to the Brow-less Pelicans, and Tyus Jones added 15 points and 13 assists in the starting lineup.
- Karl-Anthony Towns‘ last four games: 28 points, 18.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists, 3.5 blocks.
Orlando Magic (16-20) at Chicago Bulls (7-24)
Bulls: 100 ppg, below average defense, below average pace
Magic: 103 ppg, average defense, slow pace
- Vucevic, Augustin, and Simmons are all day to day, so check the injury wire closer to tip.
- These teams played one of the lowest-scoring games in the league this year in December, with the Bulls coming out on top 90-80.
Philadelphia 76ers (20-12) at Phoenix Suns (7-24)
Suns: 105 ppg, bottom five defense, slower than average pace
76ers: 114 ppg, average defense, faster than average pace
- Forget their divergent records, both of these teams are 5-5 in their last ten games.
- The Sixers played last night, beating the Clippers behind 28 and 19 from Joel Embiid and another near triple double from Ben Simmons.
- Devin Booker is averaging 28 points and 8 assists since returning to the court, and rookie Deandre Ayton is scoring 20 points and adding 13 boards per game in his last ten.
Oklahoma City Thunder (23-13) at Los Angeles Lakers (21-16)
Line: Thunder -5.5, O/U: 229
Thunder: 112 ppg, best defense in the NBA, above average pace
Lakers: 113 ppg, top ten defense, top five pace.
- The Lakers are 1-2 in LeBron’s absence, and he’s making progress with his groin injury but will remain sidelined for this one.
- Lonzo Ball is averaging 17 points and 7 rebounds in the games without LeBron, and he was outplayed by Kentavious Caldwell Pope in the win over the Kings. Lonzo was -20, the only starter with a -. Caldwell Pope scored 26 and was +19 off the bench.
- Russell Westbrook is averaging a triple double again, and Paul George is adding 32 points and 9 boards per game in his last ten.