For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Celtics: Robert Williams (groin) is available. Aron Baynes (hand) remains out.
Clippers: Jerome Robinson is day-to-day.
Pistons: Ish Smith (groin), Zaza Pachulia (leg), and Henry Ellenson (ankle) are day to day.
Spurs: Rudy Gay (wrist) is out.
Thunder: Alex Abrines (personal) and Nerlens Noel (concussion) are out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Boston Celtics (25-15) at Miami Heat (19-20)
Line: Celtics -3, O/U: 212
Celtics: 112 ppg, third-ranked defense, slower than average pace
Heat: 107 ppg, top ten defense, slower than average pace
- The Celtics just won four straight games at home by an average of 20 points. They beat the Pacers last night 135-108.
- Jaylen Brown, Marcus Morris, and Jayson Tatum all scored over 20, four others scored in double figures, and nobody other than Brown played more than 25 minutes.
- The Heat have been consistently inconsistent, playing .500 ball against average opponents with no real centerpiece.
Los Angeles Clippers (24-16) at Denver Nuggets (27-12)
Line: Nuggets -5.5, O/U: 226
Nuggets: 110.5 ppg, top ten defense, bottom five pace
Clippers: 116 ppg, below average defense, top ten pace
- Both teams are 7-3 in their last ten including a late December game between the two that the Clippers won 132-111 in LA.
- Nikola Jokic leads his team in points (19), rebounds (10), and assists (7.5) per game. He’s averaging 27, 13 and 8 in his last five games.
- The Nuggets are 16-3 protecting home court.
Detroit Pistons (17-21) at Sacramento Kings (19-20)
Line: Kings -5.5, O/U: 224
Kings: 115 ppg, bottom-third defense, second-fastest pace
Pistons: 107 ppg, above average defense, average pace
- Both teams have lost four of their last five, but the Pistons struggles have lasted longer and against weaker competition. They’re 4-15 since beating Golden State on December 1st.
- Detroit lost 113-100 to the Lakers in LA last night, as Kyle Kuzma scored 41 in the first three quarters while Blake Griffin finished with 16 points on 6-14 shooting.
- Buddy Hield is averaging 23 points in his last five games, shooting 54% from the floor and 59% from deep.
Oklahoma City Thunder (25-14) at San Antonio Spurs (24-17)
Line: Thunder -1.5, O/U: 223
Thunder: 112 ppg, best defense in the NBA, above average pace
Spurs: 111 ppg, average defense, slower than average pace
- The Spurs have had the top offense and the top defense in the league over the past month, but a five-game winning streak snapped last night in Memphis.
- Derrick White has been a huge factor on both ends, but he played just 16 minutes last night because of foul trouble. Rudy Gay was out, and is again for this one. Davis Bertans, the league’s most accurate 3-point shooter, got ejected after playing just 18 minutes.
- Paul George’s shooting has cooled off a bit, but he’s still averaging 29 points per game in his last five.
- Russell Westbrook is averaging a 21-point triple-double this year, but his shooting of late has been concerning. He’s made just 19% of his long-range attempts in the last five games.