For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Mavericks: Dennis Smith Jr. (illness) is expected to return to the team today.
Raptors: OG Anunoby (personal) will return Wednesday
Thunder: Patrick Patterson (nose) is day-to-day. Alex Abrines (personal) is active after missing every game since Christmas.
Timberwolves: Tyus Jones (ankle) is out.
Trail Blazers: None
Today’s NBA Matchups
Sacramento Kings (24-23) at Toronto Raptors (35-13)
Line: Raptors -10, O/U: 228
Raptors: 114 ppg, above average defense, average pace
Kings: 114 ppg, bottom-third defense, second-fastest pace
- The Kings have lost two of their last three to start a six game road trip, and the Raptors are 20-4 at home this season.
- Buddy Hield is averaging 20 points per game shooting 48% from the floor and 44% from deep. He was limited to 11 points in a 123-94 loss in Brooklyn yesterday.
- The Raptors are 8-2 in their last ten games, and still own the best record in the league.
- Kawhi Leonard has rested since Wednesday’s loss in Boston, and Toronto has beaten Phoenix and Memphis without him. Leonard should be good to for this one, and he’s averaging 32 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals per game in January.
Los Angeles Clippers (25-21) at Dallas Mavericks (20-25)
Line: Mavericks -4, O/U: 222
Clippers: 114.5 ppg, below average defense, fast pace
Mavericks: 109.5 ppg, average defense, average pace
- Both teams have lost four in a row in their last five games, but the Clippers snapped their skid on Sunday in San Antonio without Lou Williams and Danilo Gallinari, who are both out for this one too.
- LA got 27 points, 9 assists and 9 rebounds from Tobias Harris in that win, and Patrick Beverly added 18 points, 12 boards, 5 assists and 4 steals. Both played over 42 minutes.
- Luka Doncic had a rough long weekend shooting the ball (29% FG), but he’s on the upswing. After managing just 8 points and getting tossed in a 111-99 loss in Indiana on Saturday, he put up 18 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists for the first triple double of his career in a loss yesterday in Milwaukee.
- Dennis Smith Jr. was away from the team for six games, but he’s back after having productive talks with coach Rick Carlisle about his role next to Doncic.
- For a full preview, click here.
Minnesota Timberwolves (22-24) at Phoenix Suns (11-37)
Line: Timberwolves -5, O/U: 231
Suns: 106 ppg, bottom five defense, average pace
Timberwolves:112 ppg, below average defense, faster than average pace
- Minnesota had lost two in a row, and just barely bounced back at home against this banged up Suns team on Sunday.
- Derrick Rose led all scorers with 31 points in that game.
- In January Karl-Anthony Towns is averaging 25 points, 13 boards and 2 blocks while Andrew Wiggins is putting up 22 per game.
- The Suns are 2-11 in their last 13 games, including Sunday’s 116-114 loss in Minnesota.
- It will be tough for Phoenix to pull off the upset without top pick Deandre Ayton, who averages 16 points and 11 rebounds per game. Richaun Holmes might be out again as well.
- Those injuries had Dragan Bender start at center, and he tallied 12 points and 10 rebounds in 29 minutes.
Portland Trail Blazers (29-19) at Oklahoma City Thunder (28-18)
Line: Thunder -6, O/U: 227
Trail Blazers: 112 ppg, average defense, below average pace
Thunder: 114 ppg, top five defense, top five pace
- The Thunder are coming off of two road wins, first in Philadelphia, then in a 127-109 blowout over the Knicks in the early game yesterday.
- Paul George poured in 31 for the second game in a row, Russell Westbrook had 17 points on 50% shooting to go with 11 rebounds and 9 assists, and the core guys played about 30 minutes or less.
- Oklahoma City had the best defense in the league to start the season, but they’ve slipped on that end in January. They’re 2-8 when they give up more than 115 points: 1-2 before New Years and 1-6 after.
- Portland has won three in a row and seven of their last ten.
- Damian Lillard’s last five games: 29 points, 7 assists per game.
- Jusuf Nurkic is averaging 17 points, 11 rebounds and 4 assists per contest in January.
- For a full preview, click here.