For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Bulls: Chandler Hutchison (toe) is out.
Celtics: Kyrie Irving (hip) is not expected to play.
Grizzlies: Kyle Anderson (ankle) is back. JaMychal Green (knee) is questionable. Garrett Temple (shoulder) and Omri Casspi (knee) are out.
Hawks: Kent Bazemore (ankle) is questionable. Miles Plumlee (knee) is out.
Hornets: Kemba Walker (neck) is good to go.
Nuggets: Jamal Murray (ankle) is out.
Trail Blazers: Nik Stauskas (knee) is out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Atlanta Hawks (16-33) at Sacramento Kings (25-25)
Line: Kings -5.5, O/U: 236
Hawks: 110 ppg, bottom ten defense, fastest pace in the NBA
Kings: 113 ppg, bottom-third defense, second-fastest pace
- The Kings just wrapped up a 2-4 road trip with a 122-108 loss to the Clippers.
- De’Aaron Fox is averaging 18 points, 7 assists and 2 steals per game this year.
- Buddy Hield is averaging 20 points per game this season shooting 48% from the floor and 46% from deep, 54% in his last five.
- The Hawks have actually won four of their last ten, and they’re 2-1 on this current road trip.
- Trae Young is averaging 20 points and 8 assists in the last five, and he put up 26 and 8 in the win over the Clippers on Monday.
- Second-year big man John Collins is putting up 22 and 9 per game in his last ten.
- Kent Bazemore has missed the last month with an ankle injury, but he’s been upgraded to questionable.
Charlotte Hornets (24-25) at Boston Celtics (31-19)
Line: Celtics -7.5, O/U: 216
Celtics: 112 ppg, top five defense, slower than average pace
Hornets: 112 ppg, below average defense, average pace.
- The Celtics have won four of their last five, and the lone loss came against the Warriors.
- Kyrie Irving missed the win over Brooklyn with a strained hip, and he’s not expected to play in this one. He’s averaging 29 points, 9 assists and 5 rebounds per game in his last seven.
- Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier combined for 35 points, 14 assists, 9 rebounds, and 7 steals against the Nets.
- Gordon Hayward scored just 2 points in 21 minutes off the bench, while Jaylen Brown had a team-high 21.
- Boston is 20-6 at TD Garden this season.
- Kemba Walker has been named an All Star starter for the first time in his career, averaging 25 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds per game this season. He’s been dealing with a neck issue, and he’s shot just 8-28 from the floor in his last two games.
- Charlotte is solidly in the eighth slot of the Eastern Conference standings.
- The Hornets are 7-17 on the road this season.
Chicago Bulls (11-40) at Miami Heat (24-24)
Line: Heat -9.5, O/U: 208
Heat: 106 ppg, top ten defense, slower than average pace
Bulls: 101 ppg, bottom ten defense, slower than average pace
- Miami had lost four of their last five, but bounced back with a much-needed two games against Cleveland and New York.
- Hassan Whiteside is coming off of 13 points and 17 rebounds in the win in the Garden, averaging 13 and 12 this year.
- Tyler Johnson sprained his ankle, and he’s listed as questionable. He’s averaging 13 points and 4 assists in his last five. Dwyane Wade is also questionable with a knee, coming off of 15 points and 10 assists in his last game at MSG.
- Derrick Jones Jr. suffered a bone bruise in his knee during that game, and he’ll be out for a few weeks.
- The Bulls are 1-13 in January, coming off a 122-117 loss yesterday in Brooklyn.
- Zach LaVine on the year: 23 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists per game.
Dallas Mavericks (22-27) at New York Knicks (10-39)
Line: Mavericks -6.5, O/U: 215
Knicks: 107 ppg, second worst defense in the NBA, average pace
Mavericks: 110 ppg, average defense, average pace
- The Knicks have lost 18 of their last 19 and ten straight, fighting hard for the title of Worst Team in the League. They lost to Charlotte Monday by a score of 101-92.
- Enes Kanter hasn’t played in the last four games in order to hasten the losing, and wants to either play or get traded before the deadline.
- New York is now the only team in the league with no more than ten wins.
- Luka Doncic is coming off of 35 points, 10 assists and 12 rebounds in the loss to Toronto. It was the first ever 30+ point triple double by a teenager.
- Dennis Smith Jr. is averaging 16 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds in three games since returning from some time away from the team, apparently unhappy with his role next to Doncic. Things seem to be working themselves out, though.
- Dallas is 4-20 on the road this season.
- For a full preview, click here.
Denver Nuggets (34-15) at New Orleans Pelicans (23-28)
Line: Nuggets -8, O/U: 227
Nuggets: 111 ppg, above average defense, bottom five pace.
Pelicans: 117 ppg, bottom five defense, top five pace
- Anthony Davis has been fined $50,000 by the league for making his trade request public. Davis is currently out with a finger injury, and averages 29 points, 13 rebounds, 4 assists, 2.5 blocks and 2 steals this season.
- Jahlil Okafor has played 30 minutes per game in Davis’ stead, averaging 21 points, 11 rebounds and 2.5 blocks in the last five games. He led the Pelicans to a win over Houston yesterday with 27, 12 and 2.
- Julius Randle and Nikola Mirotic have both missed the last three games with leg injuries, and they could be out for this one as well.
- Jrue Holiday has averaged 21 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals this year, and recently said that Davis was 90% of the reason he stayed in New Orleans.
- Nikola Jokic has averaged 25 points, 12 rebounds, and 8 assists in January.
- Denver’s second star Jamal Murray is averaging 19 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds in January, but he’s missing his second game in a row with an ankle.
- The Nuggets have won five of their last six, and they’re second out west behind only Golden State.
Indiana Pacers (32-17) at Washington Wizards (21-28)
Line: Even, O/U: 218
Wizards: 113 ppg, bad defense, faster than average pace
Pacers: 109 ppg, top five defense, slower than average pace
- The Wizards are 8-7 since losing John Wall for the season a month ago, and they’ve played top-ten defense in that stretch. They have however lost three of their last four, including 116-113 in Cleveland yesterday.
- Tomas Satoransky has filled in starting every game in January, averaging 11.5 points, 5 rebounds and 6.5 assists.
- Bradley Beal is averaging 28 points, 5.5 rebounds and 6 assists per game in January.
- Trevor Ariza and Otto Porter are both averaging 15 points and 6 rebounds this month.
- Washington is 15-9 at home this year.
- The Pacers lost Victor Oladipo for the season and lost their first two games without him against a reeling Memphis team and then Golden State. He played in 36 games this year, averaging 19 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists.
- Tyreke Evans is the new starting shooting guard, averaging 11 points per game this season, but he’s out for this one with a back injury. Expect Cory Joseph to pick up some of the slack in the backcourt.
- Starting point guard Darren Collison puts up 10 points and 6 assists per game, and Domantas Sabonis is putting up 15 and 10 per game coming off the bench.
Memphis Grizzlies (20-31) at Minnesota Timberwolves (24-26)
Line: Timberwolves -4.5, O/U: 209
Timberwolves: 112 ppg, below average defense, faster than average pace
Grizzlies: 101 ppg, top ten defense, bottom five pace
- Minnesota beat Phoenix twice and then the LeBron-less Lakers, but then lost twice to Utah.
- January Timberwolves leaders: Karl-Anthony Towns: 26 points, 12 boards and 2 blocks, Andrew Wiggins: 22 points, 6 rebounds, Derrick Rose: 17 points, 4 assists.
- Jeff Teague is out again with a foot injury, and he’s averaging 11.5 points and 8 assists this year. Tyus Jones is out with an ankle, and Rose is questionable.
- Jerryd Bayless is averaging 13 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds, coming off of a season-high 19.
- Memphis is now 8 games back of the eighth seed in the West after losing 15 of their last 17.
- They’d dropped eight of nine with Kyle Anderson out, and he missed two jumpers for the lead and turned the ball over all on the final possession of his return, losing to Denver 95-92.
- Marc Gasol and Mike Conley are on the trading block, respectively averaging 15 points/9 rebounds and 20 points/6 assists this year.
Utah Jazz (29-22) at Portland Trail Blazers (31-20)
Line: Trail Blazers -2, O/U: 217
Trail Blazers: 113 ppg, average defense, below average pace
Jazz: 109 ppg, top five defense, average pace
- Damian Lillard is averaging 26 points, 7 assists and 4 assists in the last ten games, and he rested a sore knee against the Hawks on Saturday.
- The Blazers have won five of their last six, and they’re 21-7 at home.
- Jusuf Nurkic’s last five games: 18 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks.
- The Jazz have won nine of their last ten, including 125-111 in Minnesota on Sunday.
- Rudy Gobert is averaging 16 points, 15 boards, and 3 blocks in his last ten games.
- Donovan Mitchell’s last ten: 30 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds per game.
- Ricky Rubio had his best game since returning from injury, posting 18 points and 8 assists in the win over the Timberwolves.
- For a full preview, click here.