NBA Projected Starting Lineups, Matchups, Injury News – 1/31/19
For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Bucks: Malcom Brogdon (chest), Eric Bledsoe (thumb) and Sterling Brown (wrist) are probable. Donte DiVincenzo (heel) is out.
Clippers: Danilo Gallinari (back) and Luc Mbah a Moute (knee) are out. Avery Bradley (knee) is questionable
Lakers: Kyle Kuzma (hip) is day-to-day. Lonzo Ball (ankle) is expected to miss 4-6 weeks. LeBron James (groin) remains out.
Magic: Isaiah Briscoe (ankle) is day-to-day. Jonathon Simmons (abdominal) is questionable.
Nets: Joe Harris (hip) is questionable. Spencer Dinwiddie (thumb), Jared Dudley (hamstring), and Allen Crabbe (knee) are out.
Pacers: Victor Oladipo (ruptured quad tendon) is out for the rest of the year. Tyreke Evans (back) is day-to-day.
Pistons: Ish Smith (groin) is out. Reggie Bullock (ankle) is questionable.
Spurs: DeMar DeRozan (knee) is probable.
Warriors: Jonas Jerebko (personal) is out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Brooklyn Nets (28-24) at San Antonio Spurs (30-22)
Line: Spurs -7.5, O/U: 225
Spurs: 112 ppg, average defense, very slow pace
Nets: 112 ppg, below average defense, below average pace
- The Spurs have come back down to earth, but they’ve won three straight against pretty soft competition in the Pelicans, Wizards and Suns.
- Rudy Gay beat the buzzer with a 20-foot pull up to defeat the Suns 126-124 on Tuesday, in a performance that Gregg Popovich summed up by saying, “It was a pathetic performance, Phoenix got robbed.”
- LaMarcus Aldridge is averaging 26 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks in his last five.
- DeMar DeRozan missed the last three games to rest a sore knee, but San Antonio won all three. He’s back in action tonight.
- Derrick White is blossoming, averaging 14 points, 4 assists and 4 rebounds this month while guarding the best opposing wing player.
- Bryn Forbes, Patty Mills, and Marco Belinelli, are all averaging 10+ points in January.
- The Nets have won eight of their last ten, coming off a 122-117 win over Chicago on Tuesday night.
- D’Angelo Russell is averaging 24 points, 7 assists and 4 rebounds in January, coming off of 30 in the last game.
- Spencer Dinwiddie tore ligaments in his right thumb, and will miss the next month or more after his successful surgery.
Dallas Mavericks (23-27) at Detroit Pistons (21-28)
Line: Pistons -2.5, O/U: 206
Pistons: 106 ppg, above average defense, average pace
Mavericks: 110 ppg, average defense, average pace
- The pistons have lost four of their last five, part of a larger 8-21 skid over the last two months.
- Blake Griffin is averaging 31 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists in the last ten.
- Andre Drummond is averaging 21.5 points and 14 boards in two games since missing three with a concussion.
- Dallas has won three of their last four, including a rare road win yesterday 114-90 in New York in which nobody played more than 30 minutes. They’re now 5-20 outside the friendly confines this year.
- Luka Doncic had 35 points, 10 assists and 12 rebounds in the loss to Toronto in the previous game. It was the first ever 30+ point triple double by a teenager.
- Dennis Smith Jr. had a 13 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds in the win over New York, averaging 15.5 points, 7.5 assists and 6 rebounds in four games since returning from some time away from the team.
Indiana Pacers (32-18) at Orlando Magic (20-31)
Line: Magic -3, O/U: 210
Magic: 104 ppg, average defense, slow pace
Pacers: 109 ppg, top five defense, slower than average pace
- Orlando has lost six of their last seven and is now eleven games under .500, but still closer to the 8th seed in the East than to the tankers.
- They’ve lost for in a row, and the last two came against Houston and OKC.
- Over the last ten games, Nikola Vucevic is averaging 23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 block and 1 steal.
- The Pacers lost Victor Oladipo for the season, and they’ve lost their first three games without him. He played in 36 games this year, averaging 19 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists.
- The most recent loss was a 107-89 blowout in Washington yesterday. Six Pacers scored in double digits, but none more than 13.
- Tyreke Evans is the new starting shooting guard, averaging 11 points per game this season, but he missed the last two with a back injury, and he might not play tonight either.
- Edmond Sumner has gone from not playing at all to starting, scoring a total of 9 points in 50 minutes in the last two games. Expect Cory Joseph to pick up some of the slack in the backcourt.
- Starting point guard Darren Collison puts up 10 points and 6 assists per game, and Domantas Sabonis is averaging 15 and 10 off the bench.
- For a full preview, click here.
Los Angeles Lakers (26-25) at Los Angeles Clippers (28-23)
Line: Clippers -5.5, O/U:
Clippers: 114 ppg, below average defense, fast pace
Lakers: 112 ppg, top ten defense, top five pace
- The Clippers had won three in a row, but suffered a123-118 loss to the low-flying Hawks at home on Monday.
- Their second leading scorer Danilo Gallinari has missed the last six games, and is out again.
- Tobias Harris is averaging 23 points, 7 rebounds and 5 assists over the last five.
- Lou Williams had 21 points and 9 assists in the Atlanta loss, but he’s shot just 6-33 (18%) in his last two games.
- This hobbled Lakers team has lost four of its last five, with the only win over Phoenix.
- Kyle Kuzma has 21 points and 6 rebounds per game in January, but he’s day-to-day with a hip injury that kept him out of the last two.
- Lonzo Ball suffered a Grade 3 ankle sprain earlier in the week, and he’s expected to miss at least four weeks. He had averaged 11 points, 6.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists in January.
- Rajon Rondo is the primary ball handler with LeBron and Lonzo out, and he’s averaging 9 points, 12 assists and 6 rebounds in three games since his return.
- The Lakers are 6-11 since LeBron’s groin injury. He’s out for this one, but could be back soon. This is the longest stretch he has missed due to injury in his entire career.
- Brandon Ingram is averaging 23 points per game over his last five, coming off of 36, 5 and 5 in the loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday.
- For a full preview, click here.
Philadelphia 76ers (33-18) at Golden State Warriors (36-14)
Line: Warriors -10, O/U: 240
Warriors: 119 ppg, average defense, faster than average pace
76ers: 115 ppg, above average defense, faster than average pace
- Golden State has won eleven in a row, including seven games of their last eight which were on the road.
- The Warriors are averaging 129 points per game in January behind Steph (30.5 ppg), Klay (24 ppg), and KD (25 ppg), who are all shooting at least 50% from the floor and 40% from deep.
- DeMarcus Cousins is coming off of a season-high 22 points in Monday’s 132-100 win in Indiana. He’s averaging 15 points, 7 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game in his first five games as a Warrior.
- The Sixers are 12-13 on the road, coming off a 121-105 win over some of the Lakers on Tuesday in LA.
- Joel Embiid has been dealing with back tightness over the last week or so, but he’s not listed on the injury report for this one. He’s averaging 30 points, 12.5 boards, 4 assists and 2.5 blocks in his last ten.
- Jimmy Butler missed three in a row with a wrist injury, but kicked in 20 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 5 steals in his return.
- Ben Simmons is averaging 18 points, 11 rebounds and 9 assists per game in his last ten
Milwaukee Bucks (36-13) at Toronto Raptors (37-15)
Line: Raptors -3, O/U: 232
Raptors: 114 ppg, above average defense, average pace
Bucks: 117 ppg, best defense in the NBA, very fast pace
- The Raptors escaped Dallas with a 123-120 victory behind 33 from Kawhi Leonard.
- Kyle Lowry has posted 16 points, 9 assists and 4 rebounds per game in his last five.
- Toronto is 21-4 at home this season.
- The Bucks have won seven of their last eight, with the only loss coming in Oklahoma City on Sunday, 118-112.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo is the All Star captain from the Eastern Conference. He’s averaging 28 points, 14 rebounds and 6 assists in his last five.
- Eric Bledsoe, Malcom Brogdon and Khris Middleton are each averaging 16+ ppg in January.
- For a full preview, click here.