For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Celtics: Kyrie Irving (knee) is out
Grizzlies: Kyle Anderson (shoulder) is out. Joakim Noah (heel) is doubtful. Yuta Watanabe (ankle) is probable.
Hawks: Miles Plumlee (knee) is out. Jaylen Adams (ankle) is questionable.
Jazz: Thabo Sefolosha (hamstring) is a game-time decision.
Magic: Mo Bamba (stress fracture) is out.
Pelicans: Anthony Davis (finger) is day-to-day. Elfrid Payton (ankle) and E’Twaun Moore (quad) are day-to-day.
Warriors: Klay Thompson (illness) is a game-time decision. Jonas Jerebko (personal) is out.
Today’s NBA Matchups
Los Angeles Lakers (28-28) at Atlanta Hawks (18-38)
Line: Lakers -5.5, O/U: 237
Hawks: 111 ppg, bottom ten defense, fastest pace in the NBA
Lakers: 112 ppg, top ten defense, top five pace
- The Hawks went 4-3 on a road trip, but they’ve lost three straight at home since.
- Trae Young is averaging 20 points and 9 assists in the last ten games.
- Second-year big John Collins is averaging 19 points and 10 rebounds per game this season, leading the team in both categories.
- Atlanta bought out Jeremy Lin’s contract, he’s on the Raptors now.
- The Lakers have lost three of their last four by double digits, all on the road. They gave up 143 to the new look Sixers on Sunday.
- LeBron had 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists, and he wasn’t the only Laker who stuffed the stat sheet in the defense-optional loss.
- Kyle Kuzma led all scorers with 39 and Brandon Ingram added 19.
- JaVale McGee’s role will increase with Ivica Zubac gone. He put up 21 points and 13 rebounds against Philly.
Orlando Magic (25-32) at New Orleans Pelicans (25-32)
Line: Pelicans -4.5, O/U: 225
Pelicans: 117 ppg, bottom five defense, top five pace
Magic: 105 ppg, average defense, slow pace
- Anthony Davis is back in the lineup, and Pelicans fans don’t know how to feel about it.
- Davis put up 14 points and 16 rebounds in a 99-90 loss to the Grizzlies on Saturday.
- Jrue Holliday is averaging 21 points and 8 assists per game this year.
- Orlando has won five of their last six games, most recently a 124-108 blowout in Atlanta.
- Nikola Vucevic put up 19 points and 12 boards in that game, averaging 21 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1 steal in his last ten.
- The recently-acquired Markelle Fultz isn’t expected to play anytime soon, and neither is Mo Bamba who had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his tibia.
San Antonio Spurs (32-25) at Memphis Grizzlies (23-34)
Line: Spurs -4.5, O/U: 209
Grizzlies: 100 ppg, top ten defense, bottom five pace
Spurs: 112 ppg, below average defense, very slow pace
- The Grizzlies went into a tailspin and traded away Marc Gasol to Toronto for Jonas Valanciunas, CJ Miles, Delon Wright, and a second round pick.
- Valanciunas is expected to make his Memphis debut tonight, coming off the bench.
- Mike Conley is averaging 22 points, 8 assists and 4 rebounds in his last ten.
- Kyle Anderson is out again with a shoulder injury, and the Grizzlies have really struggled without him.
- Chandler Parsons is expected to rejoin the rotation after spending a long time away from the team.
- The Spurs have started their annual Rodeo Road Trip with losses in Sacramento, Golden State, Portland and Utah, clearly missing point guard Derrick White who is out again with plantar fasciitis.
- The Spurs have given up an average of 130 points per game in the last four, turning the ball over frequently and giving up easy looks in transition.
- LaMarcus Aldridge put up 15 and 10 in the Utah loss, and DeMar DeRozan added 23 points.
- Rudy Gay missed that game with an ankle sprain, but he’s good to go for this one.
Utah Jazz (32-24) at Golden State Warriors (40-15)
Line: Warriors -9, O/U: 229
Warriors: 119 ppg, average defense, faster than average pace
Jazz: 109 ppg, top five defense, average pace
- Golden State has won 15 of their last 16 games. They beat Miami 120-118 on Sunday after a missed double-dribble call on the final possession.
- Kevin Durant finished that game with 39 points, and Klay Thompson and Steph Curry each added 25+.
- DeMarcus Cousins averaging 14 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 4 assists in 23 minutes per game in his first ten games with Golden State.
- The Jazz have won three of their last four and seven of their last ten, most recently 125-105 over the Spurs on Saturday.
- Rudy Gobert put up 21 points and 13 rebounds while limiting LaMarcus Aldridge, who got into the All-Star Game over him.
- Donovan Mitchell’s last ten: 25.5 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds per game.
Boston Celtics (35-21) at Philadelphia 76ers (36-20)
Line: Celtics +6.5, O/U: 226
Celtics: 113 ppg, top five defense, slower than average pace
76ers: 116 ppg, above average defense, faster than average pace
- Tobias Harris scored 22 points and added 6 rebounds and 6 assists in a decisive 143-120 win over the Lakers.
- Joel Embiid led the way with 37 point and 14 rebounds in that game, averaging 30 and 14 over his last ten.
- JJ Redick continued his hot streak with 21 points.
- Boban Marjanovic put up 10 points in 13 minutes, and he might get enough playing time to carve out a solid role.
- The Celtics have lost two in a row, and they lost Kyrie Irving to a knee sprain in Saturday’s 123-112 loss to the Clippers.
- Irving out means more responsibility for everyone, especially Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier.
- Gordon Hayward was Boston’s leading scorer, adding 19 off the bench.