NBA Projected Starting Lineups, Matchups, Injury News – 2/7/19
For live betting information on all games, click here.
For the most up to date injury information, click here.
Celtics: Aron Baynes (foot) is out. Marcus Morris (foot) is day-to-day.
Clippers: Danilo Gallinari (back) is available. Luc Mbah a Moute (knee) and Milos Teodosic (personal) are out.
Grizzlies: Marc Gasol (Trade Machine-itis) is out. Garrett Temple (shoulder) is doubtful. Kyle Anderson (shoulder) is available for emergencies. JaMychal Green (knee) and Joakim Noah (heel) are questionable.
Hawks: Tyler Dorsey (knee) is probable. Miles Plumlee (knee) is out.
Lakers: Kyle Kuzma (hip), LeBron James (load management) and Ivica Zubac (finger) are probable. Josh Hart (knee) is questionable. Lonzo Ball (ankle) remains out.
Magic: Mo Bamba (stress fracture) is out. Jonathon Simmons (abdominal) is questionable.
Pacers: Doug McDermott (ribs) and Ike Anigbogu (knee) are out. Myles Turner (thigh) is a game-time decision.
Raptors: Jonas Valanciunas (thumb) is expected to return.
Spurs: Derrick White (heel) is out.
Thunder: Alex Abrines (personal) is out.
Timberwolves: Jeff Teague (foot) and Tyus Jones (ankle), Robert Covington (ankle), and Derrick Rose (ankle) are out.
Trail Blazers: None
Today’s NBA Matchups
Los Angeles Clippers (30-25) at Indiana Pacers (35-19)
Line: Pacers -6.5, O/U: 216
Pacers: 109 ppg, top five defense, slower than average pace
Clippers: 114 ppg, below average defense, fast pace
- Tobias Harris dropped 34 points and the game-winner against Charlotte, and a few hours later he got shipped to Philadelphia along with Boban Marjanovic and Mike Scott for Landry Shamet, Wilson Chandler, Mike Muscala and four picks.
- Danilo Gallinari had missed the last nine games with back spasms, but he should be back for this one.
- The Clippers are 2-1 on this road trip so far, and 15-13 on the road this year.
- The Pacers lost their first four games without Victor Oladipo by an average of 15 points, but they’ve won three in a row and just handed LeBron the worst loss of his career, 136-94.
- Bojan Bogdanovic scored a game-high 24 points and added 5 assists. He’s averaging 20 points in the last five with shooting splits of 51/43/82.
- Myles Turner put up 22 points and 4 blocks in that game, and he’s a game-time decision for this one with a bruised thigh.
Memphis Grizzlies (22-33) at Oklahoma City Thunder (34-19)
Line: Thunder -14, O/U: 212
Thunder: 115 ppg, second-best defense in the NBA, top five pace
Grizzlies: 100 ppg, top ten defense, bottom five pace
- The Thunder have won eight of their last nine, bouncing back from the loss in Boston with a 132-122 win in Orlando on Tuesday.
- Paul George is averaging 38 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in his last five games, shooting 50% from the floor and 48% from three. He put up 39 against the Magic.
- Russell Westbrook has six consecutive triple doubles, averaging 15 assists per game in his last four.
- Marc Gasol is not with the team on this trip as they’re trying to trade him before the deadline. He’s averaging 15 points and 9 rebounds per game.
- Memphis had lost 17 of 19, but they’ve won two in a row against the Knicks and Timberwolves.
- Kyle Anderson has a shoulder issue that will limit him to emergency situations in this game.
- Mike Conley doesn’t want to get traded to Utah, but it might happen.
Minnesota Timberwolves (25-28) at Orlando Magic (22-32)
Line: Magic -2, O/U: 216
Magic: 105 ppg, average defense, slow pace
Timberwolves: 111 ppg, below average defense, faster than average pace
- Orlando has won just three of their last ten games, most recently losing in Oklahoma City on Tuesday.
- Nikola Vucevic is the first Magic All Star since Dwight Howard, averaging 22.5 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, 1.5 blocks and 1 steal in his last ten.
- Mo Bamba has been diagnosed with a stress fracture, so he will be on the sidelines for a good chunk of time.
- Minnesota has lost four of their last five games, and they haven’t beaten a good team in a month.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is coming off of 26 points and 18 boards in a loss to the reeling Grizzlies on Tuesday.
- Jeff Teague, Tyus Jones, and Derrick Rose are all out with foot/ankle issues, leaving 35 points and 17 assists per game on the bench.
- Jerryd Bayless is the only healthy point guard, and he has led the team in assists in five of the last six games. He’s averaging 14 points, 8 assists and 4 boards in the last five.
San Antonio Spurs (32-24) at Portland Trail Blazers (32-21)
Line: Blazers -6, O/U: 226
Trail Blazers: 113 ppg, average defense, below average pace
Spurs: 112 ppg, average defense, very slow pace
- The Blazers had almost a week off, then lost to Miami 118-108 on Tuesday.
- Damian Lillard is averaging 28 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds in the last ten games.
- Rodney Hood is expected to make his Blazers debut after being traded from Cleveland.
- Jusuf Nurkic’s last ten games: 14 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks.
- The Spurs have started their annual Rodeo Road Trip with losses in Sacramento and Golden State.
- Point guard Derrick White missed those games with plantar fasciitis, and he’s been the second-most impactful Spur over the last month or so.
- Gregg Popovich wisely rested LaMarcus Aldridge and DeMar DeRozan last night so that they’re fresh for a game against a team with one All Star instead of five.
Toronto Raptors (39-16) at Atlanta Hawks (18-35)
Line: Raptors -9, O/U: 232
Hawks: 110 ppg, bottom ten defense, fastest pace in the NBA
Raptors: 114 ppg, above average defense, average pace
- The Hawks just finished a 4-3 road trip by beating Washington 137-129 behind nine players in double figures.
- Trae Young is averaging 21 points and 9 assists in the last five, remaining productive even on nights when his shot isn’t falling.
- Second-year big John Collins is averaging 20 points and 10 rebounds per game this season.
- Kent Bazemore missed the last month with an ankle injury, and he’s coming off the bench and playing around 15 minutes per game for now.
- The Raptors won 119-107 in Philadelphia on Tuesday behind 20+ points from Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry and Serge Ibaka.
- Jonas Valanciunas has missed the last two months with a thumb injury, but he’s expected to return for this one.
Los Angeles Lakers (27-27) at Boston Celtics (35-19)
Line: Celtics -9, O/U: 227
Celtics: 113 ppg, top five defense, slower than average pace
Lakers: 112 ppg, top ten defense, top five pace
- The Celtics have won nine of their last ten, including five in a row.
- Kyrie Irving has missed three of the last five with a hip strain, but he should be good to go for this one.
- Jayson Tatum led the team with 25 points in a win over the Cavs on Tuesday.
- Jaylen Brown is averaging 16 points and 5 rebounds over the last five.
- Amid reports that the Lakers have offered basically the entire team for Anthony Davis, they lost by 42 to the Victor Oladipo-less Pacers.
- That was the worst loss of LeBron‘s career. He’s back from the groin injury that kept him off the floor in January, and should play tonight.
- Kyle Kuzma missed a few with a hip injury, but scored 12 points in 25 minutes in his return.
- Brandon Ingram is averaging 22 points per game over his last five, and hilariously hit a free throw as fans in Indiana chanted, “LeBron’s gonna trade you.”