For Week 17, we bring you the top eight at each IDP position. The Thursday game is not included, we focus on Sunday/Monday. Rankings are based on a combination of upside and projections, going off standard scoring. You can find the rest of our Week 17 rankings here, alongside plenty of fantasy football help.
1. Cameron Jordan – New Orleans Saints
Cameron Jordan will be able to take advantage of another below average offensive line. The Panthers have allowed 34 sacks this season to defensive lineman.
2. Danielle Hunter – Minnesota Vikings
The Vikings will reportedly rest some key players, which could include Danielle Hunter, but his name was not mentioned as one of the candidates. If he goes, Chicago has allowed the 9th most fantasy points to opposing defensive lineman this season.
3. Joey Bosa – Los Angeles Chargers
Joe Bosa has racked up over 100 fantasy points this season, one of just a few defensive lineman to do so. He is averaging 6.9 fantasy points per game and has 11.5 sacks.
4. Nick Bosa – San Francisco 49ers
Defensive lineman have had a good track record against Seattle this season, as they have allowed the 10th most fantasy points to defensive lineman.
5. Cameron Heyward – Pittsburgh Steelers
Cameron Heyward has been tremendous for the Steelers this season, racking up eight sacks and 47 tackles. He is averaging 6.9 fantasy points per game.
6. Arik Armstead – San Francisco 49ers
Arik Armstead has been excellent this season, and will enjoy the same matchup as Bosa. Armstead now has ten sacks, and is averaging 6.2 fantasy points per game.
7. Melvin Ingram – Los Angeles Chargers
Melvin Ingram has missed a few games this season, but still ranks inside the top 15 for fantasy points this season. He is averaging 6.8 fantasy points per game.
8. Carlos Dunlap – Cincinnati Bengals
Cincinnati has been a disaster this season and Carlos Dunlap hasn’t gotten much love. However he has produced 6.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble and 36 tackles. He has scored the most fantasy points over the last five weeks.
Fantasy Football Strategy Podcast Week 17 (Free)
1. Darius Leonard – Indianapolis Colts
Darius Leonard just continues to crush down the stretch, and gets another matchup he can dominate in. Jacksonville has allowed the 4th most fantasy points to opposing linebackers.
2. Cory Littleton – Los Angeles Rams
Cory Littleton has been one of the more dominant IDP players over the last two years. He can end the season strong against the Cardinals, who have allowed the 12th most fantasy points to opposing linebackers.
3. Jordan Hicks – Arizona Cardinals
Jordan Hicks has the 4th most fantasy points this season, and does it all. He is averaging 9.7 fantasy points per game this season, and is a stable option.
4. Luke Keuchly – Carolina Panthers
Luke Keuchly is averaging 8.6 fantasy points per game this season. Keuchly has averaged over eight fantasy points per game in the last eight.
5. Bobby Wagner – Seattle Seahawks
Seattle has a strong linebacking core, and Bobby Wagner is a big part of it. He has 80 tackles on the season and averages 9.6 fantasy points per game.
6. Joe Schobert – Cleveland Browns
Over the last five weeks, the Bengals have allowed the 11th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers. Schobert is LB3 on the season.
7. Jaylon Smith – Dallas Cowboys
Jaylon Smith is an upside play and has had a terrific season ranking as LB13 heading into Week 17. He is averaging 8.7 fantasy points per game.
8. Fred Warner – San Francisco 49ers
Seattle has allowed the 9th most fantasy points per game to opposing linebackers this season. Fred Warner is LB8 on the season with three forced fumbles.
1. Eric Reid – Carolina Panthers
Eric Reid is second in scoring over the last five weeks, and over the course of the season. He has averaged 8.9 fantasy points per game and more should continue against New Orleans.
2. Budda Baker – Arizona Cardinals
The Rams are a pass happy team that have allowed the 10th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs this season. Budda Baker racks up plenty of tackles, leading all defensive backs.
3. Jordan Poyer – Buffalo Bills
Jordan Poyer continues to be a stud, and ranks 4th in fantasy points among defensive backs. He will get a Jets offense that provides plenty of upside.
4. Taylor Rapp – Los Angeles Rams
Taylor Rapp has been playing extremely well of late, sitting with 19 tackles over the last five games, three pass deflections and an interception have also followed.
5. Derwin James – Los Angeles Chargers
Derwin James is back, and has 23 fantasy points over the four games. When healthy, James is a strong safety option. He averaged 8.3 fantasy points per game in his rookie year.
6. Kevin Byard – Tennessee Titans
Tennessee has an impressive scoring secondary, and Kevin Byard is a part of it alongside Logan Ryan.
7. Malcolm Jenkins – Philadelphia Eagles
New York has allowed the 4th most fantasy points per game to opposing defensive backs this season. Malcolm Jenkins has plenty of upside this week.
8. Tracy Walker – Detroit Lions
Tracy Walker is DB20 despite missing four games. He has averaged 8.4 fantasy points per game, which is among the best.
- 2019 NFL Schedule
- 2019 NFL Bye Weeks Schedule
- Bye Weeks Cheat Sheet (Search)
- NFL Targets
- NFL Snap Counts
- NFL Waiver Wire Articles
- Fantasy Football Articles
- Defense Fantasy Power Rankings (Season)
- Defensive Player (IDP) Fantasy Rankings
- NFL Power Rankings Week 17
- Week 17 Top Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 17 RB Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 17 WR Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 17 TE Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 17 Kicker Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 17 DEF Waiver Wire Pickups
- Week 17 Fantasy Football PPR Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy QB Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy RB PPR Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy Kicker Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy DEF Rankings
- Week 17 Fantasy Make/Break Players
- Week 17 RB Start’Em Sit’Em
- Week 17 WR Start’Em Sit’Em
- Week 17 Top 10 Fantasy Defenses