Top Sports Betting Industry News
1. The NFL and Sportsradar have expanded a deal for Sportsradar to provide official league data to sportsbooks. The deal occurred earlier this week and Sportsradar now has the exclusive rights to distribute official NFL data where legal sports betting is offered. The NFL appears to finally be embracing the idea of legal sports betting.
2. A legislative panel voted on Monday to delay a portion of the new Iowa sports gambling rules that would allow the state to collect some the winnings of gamblers who owe child support, back taxes or criminal debt. According to Iowa Racing and Gaming administrator Brian Ohorilko, Iowa is one of three states (Indiana and Maine) that are considering taking sports bettor’s winnings in order to cover debt such as child support or criminal debt. Iowa has already recovered $34 million in owed debt from slot winnings, said Iowa Gaming Association president Wes Ehrecke.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 8/14/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. Parlay insurance of up to $25– If you place a parlay bet with at least four or more legs and happen to lose by just one game, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25.
Today’s Best Bets at FanDuel Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Cincinnati Reds vs Washington Nationals 4:05 PM
The Cincinnati Reds are on a three-game losing streak while the Washington Nationals have won their last three. Trevor Bauer (10-8 3.74 ERA) will start for the Reds and battle Stephen Strasburg (14-5 3.72 ERA) of Washington. Since coming to the Reds, Bauer has been pretty solid, 3.09 ERA and 1.29 WHIP with 15 strikeouts in just 11.2 innings. Strasburg has done well this season but his last two starts have been a little rough.
The Reds have the second-most home runs in the N.L. since the All-Star break. Strasburg has given up five home runs in his last two games (and 12 earned runs) and has five starts allowing multiple home runs. I like the Reds to hop on Strasburg today and get a couple of longballs in the process. Bauer should pitch well enough today to pick up a win as the Reds overachieve against Strasburg.
Major League Baseball
New York Mets vs Atlanta Braves 7:20 PM
Steven Matz (7-7 4.49 ERA) will battle Dallas Keuchel (3-5 4.83 ERA) as the New York Mets and Atlanta Braves play their second of a three-game series. Since his complete-game shutout three starts ago, Matz has allowed seven earned runs in 10.1 innings against subpar offenses (Pittsburgh and Miami). The Braves fifth-ranked offense should be able to do damage against Matz tonight. Atlanta hits the ball well against lefties (17-10 record this season).
Keuchel has done decently well for the Braves all things considered. However, he has started to slip a bit over his last three starts (15 earned runs in 16 innings). He allowed eight earned runs in just 3.2 innings against the Marlins 29th-ranked offense in his last start. Only three of the Mets last 11 games have gone UNDER and five of the Braves last seven games have gone OVER. Add in two bullpens that are shaky on their best days and we should see a high-scoring affair in this one.