Top Sports Betting Industry News
1. Former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis entered into a partnership with FanDuel on Thursday. Bettis said that plans are still in the works for sports betting-related events at his Jerome Bettis Grille 36 sports bar.
2. Isleta Resort & Casino in New Mexico has decided to take bets on in-state collegiate teams. Beginning this season, Isleta Resort & casino will accept bets on the University of New Mexico and New Mexico State University. As of now, this is the only New Mexico casino that will take bets on in-state college football and basketball teams (Buffalo Thunder Resort Casino accepted bets on in-state college basketball teams during conference tournaments).
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 8/16/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. Parlay insurance of up to $25– If you place a parlay bet with at least four or more legs and happen to lose by just one game, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25.
Today’s Best Bets at FanDuel Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Detroit Tigers vs Tampa Bay Rays 7:10 PM
The Major League’s worst team, the Detroit Tigers, take on the Tampa Bay Rays in the first of a three-game series. Daniel Norris (3-10 4.94 ERA) will start for Detroit while Charlie Morton (13-4 2.90 ERA) gets the start for Tampa Bay. You could just take the Rays right now at -320 and call it a day but don’t expect to profit too much (bet $100 to profit $31.25). Instead, take the Rays and the OVER at +175 and make a nice chunk of change in the process.
– Eight earned runs and five home runs allowed in his last two starts (8.2 innings), which were against two offenses in the bottom five in the league in runs per game.
– Owns a 1.42 WHIP
– Allowed 11 hits and three earned runs in 5.2 innings against the Rays earlier this season
– Allowed 17 earned runs in his last 30.1 innings (5.08 ERA).
– Threw seven scoreless innings against Detroit back in June.
– Owns a 1.09 WHIP on the year
– Has 184 strikeouts in 149 innings (Detroit is third-easiest team to strikeout)
– Detroit is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games against Tampa Bay.
– Detroit is 2-12 SU in their last 14 games on the road.
– Detroit is 0-6 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay.
– The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games against an opponent in the American League East division.
– The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games.
– Tampa Bay is 5-1 SU in their last 6 games.
– The total has gone OVER in 12 of Tampa Bay’s last 16 games this season.
Tampa Bay/Over 8.5 (+175)
Chicago Bears vs New York Giants 7:30 PM
Week 2 of the NFL preseason continues today with three games. The Chicago Bears/New York Giants game has the best bet of the day with the Giants-2. In Week 1 of the preseason, the New York Giants quarterbacks all looked great. As a group, the Giants completed 29/37 passes for 376 yards and three touchdowns. There are two players with the last name Jones on the Giants who will be looking to prove a lot in today’s games.
QB Daniel Jones will look to show he is ready to be a starter at some point, possibly as early as this season (Jones went 5/5 with 67 yards and a touchdown in Week 1). The other, WR TJ Jones, will look to build off of his Week 1 success as well (six catches, 72 yards, and a touchdown). TJ Jones will be looking to prove he deserves a spot on the Giants 53-man roster. I expect big things out of the Giants offense today and the two Jones boys will be a big reason why.