Around the Betting Industry
For Ohio, legal sports betting is all but a certainty. The issue, however, will be deciding who will regulate the industry, the Ohio Casino Commission or the Ohio Lottery Commission. There are two bills currently pending in the state legislature and they have key similarities (both allow mobile and collegiate betting). While there are some differences in the two bills, one of the main differences between these two is which commission will regulate sports betting in the state.
DraftKings Sportsbook Promotions 11/13/19
1. Sign Up Offer – Get a 20% deposit bonus up to $500! Over only valid on your first deposit during the promotional period.
2. Free Bet! – Place a risk-free bet on either Pitt or Penn State to win this weekend, up to $25!
3. Parlay Insurance – Place a 5+ leg parlay and if your bet loses by just one leg get your money back, up to $25!
4. Pregame Protection – Get your bet back if your team puts up 24+ points and still loses, up to $25!
5. Steel City Scoring Special – Place a bet on Pittsburgh to win and get $6 for every touchdown they score!
6. Always Scoring in Philadelphia – Place a bet on Philly to win and get $6 for every touchdown they score!
Today’s Best Bet at DraftKings Sportsbook
LSU vs VCU (-2.5) – 6:00 PM
The #23 LSU Tigers (1-0) take on the VCU Rams (2-0). LSU opened its season with a win against Bowling Green on Friday by a score of 88-79. The Tigers were a 14-point favorite in that game. The Rams are 2-0 but failed to cover in both of their games. They took down Saint Francis (PA) 72-58 to open their season and followed up with a 59-56 win against North Texas. Three games between these two teams and zero spread covers. Something has to give tonight.
The Tigers outplayed Bowling Green in nearly every aspect of the game but they did commit 16 turnovers. Being that it is the first game of the year things like that are understandable. Against a team with a good defense like VCU, the Tigers may struggle again on offense and commit a ton of turnovers in this game as well. LSU shot well from the field in their first game (47%) but Bowling Green had 18 more shot attempts from the field than the Tigers. If not for their free throw shooting success (27/34), the Tigers very well could have lost that game.
VCU has committed a lot of turnovers as well, 18 in each of their first two games. They only took 46 shots in their last game and 26 of those were from three. The Rams are 17th in points allowed per 100 possessions and have a higher efficiency rating than LSU. VCU will slow this game down much like the Virginia Cavaliers do and make every possession a crucial one. Their stout defense is how they win games against teams like LSU.
Don’t let that #23 next to LSU fool you. The Rams are the favorite in this one and for good reason. My formula has them as a 68.6% favorite to win this game outright. The formula has VCU winning this game by five (75-70). Roll with the Rams at home in this game and watch as their defense gives LSU all kinds of fits.