Around the Betting Industry
An alliance of Atlanta’s big league sports teams is pushing for the legalization of sports betting in Georgia, and we could see the first legislation proposed as soon as next week. The Professional Sports Integrity Alliance is made up of four Atlanta-based sports teams (the Braves, Falcons, Hawks and the Atlanta United). Their goal is to get lawmakers to legalize mobile sports betting.
The group is not looking to benefit financially from legal sports betting directly, as all of the tax revenue would go to the state of Georgia. However, these teams understand that they would benefit from other ways such as increased fan engagement.
DraftKings Sportsbook Promotions 1/24/20
1. Sign Up Offer – Join DraftKings Sportsbook and get a risk-free bet of up to $500!
2. Parlay Insurance – Place a 5+ leg parlay and if your bet loses by just one leg get your money back, up to $25! Also, place a 2+ leg NBA player prop parlay and get your money back if just one leg loses!
3. Deposit Bonus – Get a 20% bonus on your next deposit, up to $500! Available to all Sportsbook users!
4. NBA Pregame Protection – If your team scores 110+ points and loses, get your bet back up to $25!
5. DK Special: Break The Book – For 10 days only! The more PA bets the more you get back on all your bets. Help PA get 5-10% back in free bets!
6. Big Game Props – Every $10 on Big Game Prop bets gets you an entry into a $200k jackpot. Plus every $50 earns you a $10 free bet.
7. Big Game Squares by Wrangler – Play free Big Game squares. Win your share of the 54k Prize Pool with Squares presented by Wrangler.
Today’s Odds Boosts at DraftKings
Today’s Best Bet at DraftKings Sportsbook
Marquette vs #13 Butler (-6) – 9:00 PM
The Marquette Golden Eagles (14-5) take on the #13 Butler Bulldogs (15-4) tonight at Hinkle Fieldhouse. Marquette is on a three-game winning streak after their win against St. John’s on Tuesday 82-68. Butler has dropped its third-straight game after falling 76-61 to Villanova, also on Tuesday.
Marquette is 41st in the country scoring an average of 77.8 points per game. Their overall field goal percentage is not very good (43.2% which is 209th in the country) but they have shot the ball great from three, hitting at 39.6% (9th). Teams that rely so heavily on three-point shooting are usually up-and-down teams all season. The Marquette defense has been average this season, ranking 170th in points allowed per game (68.6). The Golden Eagles are 40th in opponent FG% and 63 in opponent 3PT%.
Butler’s offense has struggled all season. They are scoring just 68.3 points per game which is 260th in the country. However, they have shot the ball well as they are 41st in FG% and 99th in 3PT%. The reason for their success this season is their highly-ranked defense. Butler is 5th in the country in points allowed per game (58.1). They have a Top 15 defense in both FG% and 3PT%.
These are two different styles of teams in this contest. Marquette is a fast-paced team that likes to pile on the points while Butler likes to play Virginia-style basketball and slow the game down while limiting possessions and playing sound defense. The winner of this game will be whoever controls the tempo. At home, I like Butler to be the team to control this game. They have lost their last three games all to solid teams (Villanova, DePaul and Seton Hall). Their other loss was to current #1 Baylor. This is a very good Butler team that should be able to get back on track with a solid win here. The formula has Butler taking this game 72-63 and getting the cover.