Around the Betting Industry
Florida House and Senate leaders confirmed Monday they are engaged in an effort to reach a deal with the governor that would update Florida’s gambling laws by allowing organized sports betting and bring in new revenue from the Seminole Tribe.
Senator Travis Hutson (R-Palm Coast) and Senate President Bill Galvano have been working on a proposal with Representative Mike LaRosa (R-St. Cloud) and House Speaker José Oliva. LaRosa and Hutson tried to get a gaming deal done in 2018 but they were unsuccessful. “We’re going after the big items and, if we can agree to them, we’ll work on laying out the details and the policy,” LaRosa said. “Hopefully, we get something accomplished.”
DraftKings Sportsbook Promotions 1/29/20
1. Sign Up Offer – Join DraftKings Sportsbook and get a risk-free bet of up to $500!
2. Play Sportsbook Missions – Opt-in to each mission, place your wagers, and watch your rewards add up! Get a new mission for each mission completed!
3. Deposit Bonus – Get a 20% bonus on your next deposit, up to $500! Available to all Sportsbook users!
4. Big Game Props – Every $10 on Big Game Prop bets gets you an entry into a $200k jackpot. Plus every $50 earns you a $10 free bet.
5. Big Game Squares by Wrangler – Play free Big Game squares. Win your share of the 54k Prize Pool with Squares presented by Wrangler.
6. No Brainer Bet – Penn State is playing Indiana for the 51st time. DraftKings is offering the over at 51. No shot-clock era Total has ever been this low!
Today’s Odds Boosts at DraftKings
Today’s Best Bet at DraftKings Sportsbook
Indiana (+6) vs #24 Penn State – 8:30 PM
The Indiana Hoosiers (15-5) take on the Penn State Nittany Lions (14-5) tonight at the Bryce Jordan Center. Indiana is coming off of a one-point loss to Maryland 77-76. Penn State ended their three-game losing streak by winning their last two games, 90-76 against Ohio State and 72-63 against Michigan.
Indiana has five losses to five solid teams in Maryland (twice), Arkansas, Wisconsin and Rutgers. The Hoosiers are a Top 100 scoring team and they shot 45.9% from the field (71st). They are not a good three-point shooting team (292nd) and they struggle from the line as well (255th). Indiana’s defense is a modest 112th in points allowed per game.
Penn State has put together a solid offensive season so far. The Nittany Lions are 39th in the country in points scored per game. Like Indiana, Penn State is not a very good three-point shooting team (260th). They also shoot worse from the field (125th) than Indiana but better from the line (185th). Penn State is 140th in points allowed per game.
These are two fairly equal teams and this should be one of those games that comes down to the wire. Getting six points here on an Indiana team that could very easily win this game outright is hard to pass on. Both Penn State and Indiana are solid teams that are capable of a Sweet 16 run come March. However, I think Indiana not only covers but wins this game outright. The formula agrees on the cover but thinks Penn State squeaks out a 71-70 victory.