Around the Betting Industry
Despite Kentuckians showing favor for legal sports betting, a bill currently in legislation is ‘on life support’. Last week, a poll was conducted and it showed that a majority of those polled support the idea of legalized sports betting in order to create new tax revenue. 500 registered voters were surveyed and 65% support the idea of changing the state law to allow for sports betting at horse tracks, the Kentucky Speedway and on mobile apps.
However, the current bill to do so, House Bill 137, is currently stuck is legislation. The bill passed in a House committee unanimously earlier in the session but has since stalled. There has yet to be a call for a vote on the chamber’s floor. Earlier this week the bill was sent back to committee with the bill’s main sponsor, Representative Adam Koenig (R-Erlanger) saying “It may not be dead, but it’s on life support”.
DraftKings Sportsbook Promotions 3/19/20
1. Sign Up Offer – Join DraftKings Sportsbook and get a risk-free bet of up to $500!
2. Deposit Bonus – Get a 20% bonus on your next deposit, up to $500! Available to all Sportsbook users!
3. Play Sportsbook Missions – Opt-in to each mission, place your wagers, and watch your rewards add up! Get a new mission for each mission completed!
4. Refer a Friend Offer – Refer your friends to DraftKings Sportsbook and you could both earn up to $200 in free bets!
5. Bet More Get More, All Week – Bet on sporting events all week and get a Free Bet back, up to $200!
6. Risk-Free AFL Bet – Try betting on Australian Football risk-free up to $25!
7. Free NBA Popularity Pool – Help settle some of the NBA’s greatest debates for a chance at a 25k prize!
8. Free MLB $2,000 Divisions Pools – Pick the correct answers by the start of 4/1 MLB props for a shot at the $2,000 prize pool!
Today’s Odds Boosts at DraftKings
Today’s Best Bet at DraftKings Sportsbook
Penrith Panthers vs St. George Illawarra Dragons (+3.5) – 3:00 AM
The Penrith Panthers (1-0) take on the St. George Illawarra Dragons (0-1) in Week 2 of the Australian National Rugby League. The Panthers won 20-14 in their first contest while the Dragons fell 24-14.
Penrith was down 12-0 in their opening contest against a good team in the Sydney Roosters. A late comeback helped the Panthers pull the upset at home to open up their season. Syndey saw a number of injuries as this match went on and that may have been a big factor in the Panthers getting the comeback win.
St. George played a team that is expected to be near the top of the league when the season ends in Wests Tigers. They played a decent game early before fizzling out late.
Penrith opened their season with a win that was aided by some injuries on the opposite side while St. George lost to an all-around better team. I’m not buying into the Penrith victory and instead believe that the Dragons have the upper hand in this contest and will not only cover the spread as underdogs but may win this match outright. I’m siding with the Dragons plus the points and am also putting a little on the moneyline as well.
Picks: Dragons+3.5 +100 and Dragons+143