Top Sports Betting Industry News
1. Proposition DD, which would legalize sports betting in Colorado and create a 10 percent tax on casinos’ house winnings that would largely benefit Colorado’s Water Plan, is too close to call in the latest round of ballots reported by Colorado’s Secretary of State. Proposition DD is currently just a less than 1 percent behind with more than 1.2 million ballots counted in that race so far.
2. At the Sports Betting USA conference Tuesday in New York, two Democratic lawmakers who have been pushing for legal sports betting said they’ll try to put a provision in the state budget allowing mobile sports betting when the Legislature convenes in January.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 11/6/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. Parlay insurance of up to $25 – If you place a parlay bet with at least five or more legs and happen to lose by just one game, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25.
4. Keep The Cash – Start off with $1 million. Get through 20 sports questions without going bust and keep what’s left! If you don’t like one, skip it! There are new questions every Mon, Thurs, Sat & Sun. Distribute your entire balance between ‘yes’ and ‘no’ answers. What you put on the correct result is what you’ll have for your next question. Make it through 20 questions without losing your entire balance and you get to keep what’s left!
Today’s Best Bet at FanDuel Sportsbook
Virginia vs Syracuse (+3.5) – 9:00 PM
The defending National Champion Virginia Cavaliers open their season on the road against the Syracuse Orange. Both teams lost a bunch of their key players from last season and will be looking to open their season with a solid win. The Cavaliers open the season ranked #11 while the Orange are unranked.
Virginia lost the core of its championship team. Ty Jerome, Kyle Guy, and De’Andre Hunter are all in the NBA now. Those three players were the team’s top scorers and best all-around players. Guard Kihei Clark will now be running the offense for this team but last season he wasn’t much of a scoring threat. The return of Mamadi Diakite and Braxton Key is also a solid boost to this team. However, neither of those players are big-time scorers either.
Syracuse lost four of their starters from last season. Elijah Hughes is the only returning starter and he averaged 13.7 points per game last season. Freshman Quincy Guerrier is expected to be a big part of this team’s offense as is 6-foot-10 big man Bourama Sidibe. The Orange have a Kyle Guy-like deep threat in coach Jim Boeheim’s son Buddy Boeheim. The Orange are known for their zone defense which can give a lot of offenses trouble. A Virginia offense with no real scoring threat will be in for a long night tonight.
Syracuse is one of the toughest venues to play in across the entire country. The defending champions are handed a tough game to open their season. Both teams have a lot of new pieces this season but the Orange appears to have the bigger scoring threats. At home and getting 3.5 points, the Orange is the way to go here. Most people will be looking to take the defending champs with such a low spread. With that zone defense and tough home-court advantage, I think the Orange have a great shot at winning this game and should certainly stay close enough to cover in this game.