Top Sports Betting Industry News
Could legal sports betting be on its way to Missouri? At the state capitol on Thursday, the Interim House Committee on Gaming hosted major league sports officials to talk about the industry. A consultant in the gambling industry told a panel of lawmakers in Jefferson City that legal sports betting could generate up to $289 million in wagers once fully operational in the state.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 11/8/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. College Football Close Loss Insurance – Bet on the LSU vs. Alabama pre-live moneyline and get up to a $50 refund if your team loses by 6 or less.
4. NBA 3rd Quarter Insurance – Place a pre-live moneyline bet on any NBA game. If your team ends the 3rd quarter with the lead then loses the game, they’ll refund your bet up to $50 in site credit.
5. Keep The Cash – Start off with $1 million. Get through 20 sports questions without going bust and keep what’s left! If you don’t like one, skip it! There are new questions every Mon, Thurs, Sat & Sun. Distribute your entire balance between ‘yes’ and ‘no’ answers. What you put on the correct result is what you’ll have for your next question. Make it through 20 questions without losing your entire balance and you get to keep what’s left!
Today’s Best Bet at FanDuel Sportsbook
Washington (-10) vs Oregon State – 10:30 PM
The Washington Huskies (5-4) head south to Corvallis to take on the Oregon State Beavers (4-4). Washington is coming off of a close loss to one of the top teams in the country in #9 Utah by a score of 33-28. Oregon State had its biggest offensive game of the season last week, defeating Arizona 56-38.
Washington was a preseason top 25 team but has underperformed this season. Their four losses have all been close contests this season and two of them were against teams currently in the top 10. The Huskies lost by just four to Oregon and then by five last week to Utah. A tough 20-19 loss against a Cal team with a solid defense and an underperforming loss on the road to Stanford by 10 round out the rest of their losses. Their biggest wins have come against BYU by 26, USC by 14 and Arizona by 24.
Oregon State was one of the worst teams in the country last season and it looked like this season was going to be a repeat performance. The Beavers opened the season 1-3 with their lone win coming against Cal Poly. After beating a bad UCLA team, the Beavers lost 52-7 to Utah. They have won their last two games, a solid 21-17 win against Cal and then their big game against Arizona last week.
Despite underperforming, the Huskies are still a very good offensive team. Washington is 28th in points scored, 45th in passing, 57th in rushing and 29th in yards per play. Their defense has been almost just as good as they are 33rd in points allowed. For Oregon State, their offense is in the middle of the pack in points (57th), passing (53rd), rushing (66th) and yards per play (65th). The Beavers’ defense is their weakness as they are 100th in points allowed, 77th in passing and 98th in rushing. Oregon State’s defense allows a lot of big plays, 88th in yards per play.
The Washington offense should go off against the Beavers’ weak defense. The Washington defense is underrated and the Beavers’ offense isn’t very good, especially against good defenses (seven points against Utah). Road conference games can be tough and a double-digit spread is a lot in this situation. However, the Huskies are a far better team than the Beavers. Washington quarterback Jacob Eason is one of the best in the country and should have himself a big game tonight. Washington is 8-4 ATS in their last 12 games and 5-2 ATS in their last seven against the Beavers.