Top Sports Betting Industry News
1. Rhode Island had its most successful legal sports betting month in June. Rhode Island saw more than $1 million in revenue for the first time since sports betting launched at Twin River’s casinos last year. The success came despite Rhode Island seeing its second-lowest handle, only $14.7 million, since sports betting launched in the state (14 percent hold). Online sports betting is expected in Rhode Island this summer.
2. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board wants gamblers in Pennsylvania to know of the availability of online forms that would allow consumers to file complaints and disputes for both land-based and interactive gaming. “The Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act (“the Act”) charges the Gaming Control Board with the duty of investigating all potential non-criminal violations of the Act including complaints and disputes alleged by patrons.” Those with a complaint or dispute with a licensed gaming entity in Pennsylvania may request that the Board investigate the issue. Questions regarding gaming disputes or complaints can be directed to the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 8/13/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. Parlay insurance of up to $25– If you place a parlay bet with at least four or more legs and happen to lose by just one game, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25.
Today’s Best Bets at FanDuel Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Baltimore Orioles vs New York Yankees 7:05 PM
John Means (8-7 3.36 ERA) of the Baltimore Orioles will face Domingo German (15-2 4.05 ERA) of the New York Yankees. Means has pitched great this season but has started to decline the past month. In his last four starts, Means has allowed 15 earned runs in 19 innings (7.10 ERA). German has struggled recently as well. He has allowed 16 earned runs in his last 21 innings (6.86 ERA).
Both pitchers are having a rough few weeks. The Orioles are averaging seven runs per game over their last three and the Yankees have absolutely owned the Orioles this season. New York is averaging over eight runs per game against Baltimore this season. The Yankees have won 14 straight against the Orioles this season. Get the best bang for your buck by taking the Yankees and the OVER double bet.
Yankees/Over 9.5 +135
Major League Baseball
Boston Red Sox vs Cleveland Indians 7:10 PM
The Boston Red Sox have all but fallen out of playoff contention over their last 15 games, going 3-12 and dropping eight games out of the Wild Card. The Cleveland Indians fortunes have been the complete opposite as they are now first in the A.L. Central after trailing the Minnesota Twins by more than 11 games as recently as June. Chris Sale (6-11 4.41 ERA) will start for the Red Sox tonight as Mike Clevinger (7-2 3.02 ERA) starts for the Indians.
Sale has had a down year, but the strikeouts are still there (206 in 140.2 innings). Sale has made 24 starts this season and seven of those he has allowed five or more earned runs (including five of his last seven starts). He had his best start of the season in his last game, only allowing two hits in eight scoreless while striking out 13. However, prior to that start, Sale allowed 14 earned runs in his last nine innings.
Clevinger has been hot since the start of July. In his last seven starts (totaling 44.1 innings), Clevinger has only allowed nine earned runs (1.83 ERA). Boston is 1-5 SU in their last six games against the Indians and 0-6 SU in their last six road games overall. Cleveland is 9-2 SU in their last 11 games. Cleveland will continue their hot playing as Clevinger has another strong outing. Sale will probably get his strikeouts, but not much more as the Red Sox continue to distance themselves from the second Wild Card spot with another loss tonight.