Top Sports Betting Industry News
1. The William Hill Sports Book at Tropicana Evansville opened today. According to Tropicana, the state-of-the-art sportsbook will feature a 16-by-9 feet video wall, ten 65-inch viewing monitors, and 12 odds boards.
2. Legal sports betting appears to be having a positive impact on viewership in the NFL. ESPN’s annual Monday Night double-header drew a combined 8.6 overnight rating, up 19% over last year. The New Orleans Saints and Houston Texans game averaged 13.2 million viewers, up 25% from the year before. The Oakland Raiders and Denver Broncos averaged 10.7 million viewers, up nine percent from the previous year.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 9/12/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. Parlay insurance of up to $25 – If you place a parlay bet with at least four or more legs and happen to lose by just one game, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25.
This Week’s Best Bet at FanDuel Sportsbook
Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Carolina Panthers (Under 50) – 8:20 PM: See write-up here.
Kansas vs Boston College (-21) – Friday 7:30 PM: See write-up here.
Maryland vs Temple (+7) – Saturday 12:00 PM
Maryland opened the season with a 79-0 victory over Howard and then followed it up with a 63-20 victory over 21st-ranked Syracuse. The Temple Owls are 1-0 with a 56-12 win over the Bucknell Bison on August 31st.
After two blowout wins, everyone will be taking Maryland in this one. Don’t make the mistake of taking Maryland just because of two previous blowout wins. While both victories were impressive, don’t assume that Maryland will be that dominant on a weekly basis. Howard is a bad FCS school and Syracuse is not known for their defense.
Maryland Quarterback Josh Jackson has 541 passing yards and seven touchdowns. However, he is only completing 58% of his passes. Again, against subpar defenses. Temple always has a strong defense and they should cause plenty of more problems for Jackson than his two previous opponents. Maryland’s pass defense looked very vulnerable against Syracuse. Temple quarterback Anthony Russo was nearly flawless in Week 1 and could be in for a big game against Maryland.
Don’t forget that Temple had an extra week to prepare for this game. This Temple defense will be ready for that Maryland offense. The spread on this game is currently Maryland (-7). If not for their two blowout wins, this spread is significantly smaller. Don’t let the hype of their two previous wins trick you. Maryland looks to be a good team but this is also a good Temple team. This will be the first real defense the Terrapins face. Expect them to come back to reality this weekend as Temple covers that seven-point spread thanks to their defense.