Top Sports Betting Industry News
1. August sports betting numbers for the state of Iowa are in. In just 17 days in August, Iowa saw nearly $8.6 million in sports betting handle. That resulted in over $2.1 million in revenue. At the tax rate of 6.75%, the state saw $146K in tax revenue. Prairie Meadows Casino, Racetrack & Hotel led the way with $3.4 million in handle.
2. Online sports betting continues to dominate the New Jersey sports betting market. In August, online wagering accounted for 85% of the state’s entire handle. New Jersey saw a total of $293.6 million in handle for the month. FanDuel sportsbook and The Meadowlands continue to be the big cheese in New Jersey, accounting for nearly 37% of the state’s entire sports betting revenue.
FanDuel Sportsbook Promotions 9/16/19
1. $500 Risk-Free Bet! – Get up to $500 back if your first bet doesn’t win. Enjoy a risk-free first-time bet of up to $500. Place your first bet and if you don’t win, FanDuel will credit you with a bonus of the full amount (up to $500).
2. $10 refer a friend bonus – Any friend that you refer to FanDuel you get $10, and so do they!
3. Parlay insurance of up to $25 – If you place a parlay bet with at least four or more legs and happen to lose by just one game, FanDuel will refund your bet up to $25.
Today’s Best Bet at FanDuel Sportsbook
Cleveland Browns(-6) vs New York Jets 8:15 PM
The Cleveland Browns struggled in Week 1 against the Tennesee Titans but should have a bounce-back game tonight. There are too many weapons on this Browns offense for them to continue to struggle. Look for Baker Mayfield to put together a big game with OBJ getting a ton of catches as he tries to put up big numbers of his own in his return to his former home stadium.
The New York Jets will be without starting quarterback Sam Darnold (illness), which has caused this line to jump up to -6. Trevor Siemian will get the start for the Jets, who also lost in Week 1. The Jets will also be without kicker Kaare Vedvik who was waived. New York signed Sam Ficken as his replacement, potentially limiting some scoring opportunities for the Jets tonight (Ficken is 50% in six career field goal attempts). Also out for the Jets is linebacker C.J. Mosley and defensive tackle Quinnen Williams.
Don’t sleep on the Cleveland defense, which is a solid unit and should perform well against Siemian and the so-so New York offense. Expect a low-scoring game for the Jets as they rely too heavily on Le’Veon Bell, causing the Browns defense to focus in on stopping him. The Cleveland offense will look to break out today and they should cruise to victory and cover the spread in the process against a banged-up Jets defense. I expect a double-digit victory for the Browns as they look to build momentum heading into a big game against the L.A. Rams.