Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl Odds 2022
Can the Kansas City Chiefs extend their Super Bowl appearance streak to three? ESPN’s Football Power Index (FPI) gives the Chiefs a 28% chance of making the Super Bowl behind the Packers, Buccaneers and Titans. They give them a 13.9% chance of winning it all. A win this week is certainly a step in the right direction, but they’ll plenty to deal with after that.
Kansas City Chiefs Team Future Odds
- Super Bowl Odds:
- To Win AFC:
When the Chiefs went on their eight-game tear starting in week 8, they took down playoff teams in five of those eight wins, proving that despite their slow start, they cannot only make the playoffs, but compete in them. Their first game of the playoffs is against the Steelers which should be a lock to get them into the divisional round. They beat them 36-10 earlier on this year when they were without Travis Kelce, so having him back should give them even more reason to win. Mahomes threw for 258 yards and three touchdowns against a pretty good Steelers pass defense but their defense is what showed up to shut down their offense, surprisingly enough. The real question going into this week is what Tyreek Hill’s status will be. He’s been dealing with a nagging heel injury that has limited his snaps in recent weeks and though they should be able to pull off a win versus Pittsburgh without him, after that could be a different story.
Still, it’s hard to imagine an offense with more weapons than this Chiefs team. They’ve got league-leaders in crucial positions: Patrick Mahomes, Tyreek Hill, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Darrel Williams, and Travis Kelce. That, mixed with solid coaching and a newly revamped offensive line has been enough when their defense hasn’t been. They give up the fifth-most pass yards per game and the second-most yards per rush despite having the fourth-most passing yards per game and the seventh-most yards per rush as an offense. However, compared to their performance in their sad 3-4 start, this defense has made quite the turnaround and has held teams to a 19-point average since their bye in week 12.
When the Chiefs met the Buccaneers last year in Super Bowl 55, it was a sad showing for the Chiefs who lost 31-9 and were dominated on both sides of the ball. Mahomes threw two interceptions, they forfeited 120 yards in penalties and were 0-for-3 on red zone touchdown opportunities. If the Chiefs make it back to the big game this year, they will definitely have revenge on their mind. It will be interesting to see if they’ll be able to take down the Buccaneers or the Packers, should either of them make their expected appearance.
All in all, this team is one of the best in the business and holds all of the cards that should take them to the Super Bowl. If they don’t get there, it will likely be at the hands of their own mistakes. DraftKings currently has them at +450 to win Super Bowl 56, behind just the Packers who they have at +380.
- Arizona Cardinals Super Bowl Odds
- Atlanta Falcons Super Bowl Odds
- Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Odds
- Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Odds
- Carolina Panthers Super Bowl Odds
- Cincinnati Bengals Super Bowl Odds
- Chicago Bears Super Bowl Odds
- Cleveland Browns Super Bowl Odds
- Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl Odds
- Denver Broncos Super Bowl Odds
- Detroit Lions Super Bowl Odds
- Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Odds
- Houston Texans Super Bowl Odds
- Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl Odds
- Jacksonville Jaguars Super Bowl Odds
- Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl Odds
- Las Vegas Raiders Super Bowl Odds
- Los Angeles Chargers Super Bowl Odds
- Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl Odds
- Miami Dolphins Super Bowl Odds
- Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl Odds
- New York Giants Super Bowl Odds
- New York Jets Super Bowl Odds
- New England Patriots Super Bowl Odds
- New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Odds
- Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl Odds
- Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Odds
- San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl Odds
- Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl Odds
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers Super Bowl Odds
- Tennessee Titans Super Bowl Odds
- Washington Football Team Super Bowl Odds