Six US Sportsbook Affiliate Programs
Last May, the US Supreme Court swung open the door for states to legalize sports betting. The decision overturned Murphy vs. the NCAA; a federal law enacted in 1992. This law essentially banned states from taking bets on sports games. The landmark court ruling last May, has changed the outlook for sports bettors across the country.
State governments can now generate revenue from taxes and fees on sportsbook operations. Individuals, other than just those who are the lucky winners, can earn money as well. One way to get paid is by becoming a part of a sportsbook affiliate program. Here is a quick overview of sportsbook affiliates, plus six programs for you to consider.
What is a Sportsbook Affiliate Program?
Anyone with a website should realize that your website can earn you money. There are various ways you can get paid simply from traffic to your website. If your objective is some type of sales, of course, that will be priority number one.
However, you can also earn commissions by including ads, or from clicks that transfer to other websites. This is how a sportsbook affiliate works. You begin with a website and post content that attracts sports enthusiasts. Inside your content, or through ads, you steer them to a site that offers a legal sportsbook.
Online casinos and gambling related blogs can earn huge profits by sending players to online gaming sites. This same principle applies to online sportsbooks as well. Many states have established regulations for affiliate programs.
They deem the relationship to be a profitable partnership and treat sportsbook affiliate programs as such. In states, such as New Jersey, affiliate marketers can be required to pay a $5,000 licensing fee. The state deems this a cost of business to enter into a direct affiliate relationship.
There are programs available that do not have fees, but likewise, the commissions may not be as substantial. Here are six sportsbook affiliate programs where you can earn money from new account registrations.
DraftKings Affiliates Program
DraftKings has a number of benefits that make it one of the most appealing options for a sportsbook affiliate program. Here’s a list of the commission structure and other points of interest about the DraftKings Affiliate Program.
- The DraftKings Affiliates Program is free and there is a DraftKings Sportsbook & DraftKings Daily Fantasy program.
- DraftKings is already a leader in the daily fantasy sports industry.
- They are a visible name in the sports world, with direct partnerships with professional sports leagues.
- DraftKing’s websites continues to explore innovative technological improvements.
- They too provide a secure website with pages that are easily navigated on a desktop or mobile device.
- The commission structure pays 40% of the net gaming revenue inside the first 30 days and 25% from 31 days on.
- You can choose to be paid your earnings by check or through PayPal.
- Links and materials are provided in your DraftKings Affiliates account.
- You cannot, however, use outside promotional codes or referrals that are not approved by DraftKings.
- The DraftKings Affiliates Program is both managed and paid internally by DraftKings. There are no third party fees or associations.
The FanDuel affiliates program is called FanDuel Partners. The program is very similar to the DraftKings Affiliates Program. These are the two biggest daily fantasy sports providers and each boasts millions of daily visitors.
- You can establish a FanDuel Partners account for free.
- FanDuel has a multi-tiered commission structure for both FanDuel Sportsbook and FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports.
- The cost per acquisition CPA increases the more new users you send to FanDuel.
- CPA earnings start at $25 and increase to $35 per new account over 100.
- Commissions on revenue are a healthy 35% for all levels. This is a recent change by FanDuel from the initial multi-tiered revenue share program.
- FanDuel Partners can get paid through PayPal, a bank check, or wire transfer.
- There are frequent reports provided by FanDuel to track your clicks, registrations, plus the amount of deposits that your new accounts have generated.
- You can use multiple tracking IDs on FanDuel Partners to help you optimize your own marketing design.
Sugarhouse Sportsbook Affiliate Program
SugarHouse online casino (PlaySugarHouse.com) is the first of the examples to use a third party management policy. Rush Street Interactive, LLC manages the SugarHouse Affiliate Program.
- SugarHouse has a variety of player promotions for their casino games and Sugarhouse sportsbook, and these same types of promotions can earn more for affiliate partnerships.
- Through Rush Street, you can enter into an affiliate relationship that earns you money from referrals and new accounts at SugarHouse.
- The SugarHouse platform is very mobile-friendly. Their primary target market is online gamers. Once legal, the same tendency should transfer over to sportsbook operations.
- Rush Street Interactive oversees operations for the Casino4Fun at the SugarHouse Casino in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Look for this affiliate program to open in Pennsylvania when legislators finalize legal sportsbooks in that state.
- Income Access, now owned by Paysafe Group is the digital wallet used to partner with Rush Street Inactive and SugarHouse Sportsbook Affiliate Partners.
BetStars Sportsbook Affiliate Program
BetStars is legally licensed to operate in New Jersey, plus has pending applications with the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board to operate there as well. The Stars Group, managing operator for BetStars has linked a partnership with the Mount Airy Casino Resort in Pennsylvania.
- The commission structure at PokerStars bundles some earnings.
- Commissions are paid to a player’s account or a direct wire transfer only.
- The platform is offered in multiple languages and available on both desktop and mobile systems.
- Revenue sharing starts at 15% for your first two players and graduates as high as 35% if you generate 200 or more new players.
Pala Casino Sportsbook Affiliate Program
Pala Casino has offered affiliate programs connected to their casino operations for several years. They focus on partnering with affiliates to market towards the New Jersey internet casino users. This same attention is planned for their sportsbook operations.
- The Pala Casino Sportsbook Affiliates will be benefit from this valuable experience.
- Each affiliate partner is treated on an individual basis.
- You can coordinate with Palo Casino representatives to develop an affiliate program that works best for you.
- The Pala Casino Sportsbook Affiliates Program is free, and pays healthy commission rates for both revenue sharing plans and CPAs.
- This affiliate program is also managed internally by Palo Casino operations.
888 Sport Affiliate Program
888 Sport has a diverse array of platforms where users can play both in-house and branded casino games. These same platforms will be a direct focus of their sportsbook.
- 888 Sport has paid over $200,000,000 in affiliate commissions.
- There is personalized support from a special staff of affiliate program representatives available 24/7.
- Each affiliate partner will have access to resources to help build their own online presence and increase their earning potential.
- This is an affiliate program that is part of regulated markets. They pay high conversion rates and payments are consistent.
- At present, <888 Sport Affiliate partnerships have been temporarily suspended for US based customers. With the rapidly changing landscape for the sports betting in the US, look for this policy to change soon.
As the sportsbook industry gradually begins to explode, becoming part of an affiliate program can be extremely profitable. These are six affiliate programs that are primed to produce consistent commissions. If you have an appreciation of where the sports betting industry is clearly headed, you’ll likewise appreciate how this type of partnership can make you money.