Top Industry News
1. The New Hampshire House voted on Thursday to accept the Senate’s changes to a bill that would legalize sports betting in the state. The bill will now head to Governor Chris Sununu’s desk. Sununu is an advocate of the bill so it is all but a guarantee that New Hampshire will be the next state to join the legal sports betting world. Both retail and mobile sports betting would be legalized and could be up and running by early 2020.
2. New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy believes that his state will soon take over Nevada as the top dog in the United States gaming industry. “New Jersey — yes, New Jersey — can very soon and will very soon dethrone Nevada as the sports gaming capital of America,” said Murphy. With Pennsylvania mobile sports betting operating and New York at least with some form of legal sports betting, the New Jersey market may see a bit of a decline. If New York goes fully mobile, New Jersey will lose a huge chunk of its revenue. That will most likely keep Nevada at the top of the industry.
3. A number of gambling and technology executives expect 90 percent of sports betting to be done through mobile and online platforms in the next ten years. Moti Malul, CEO of NeoGames, a global provider of internet gambling and lottery technology, expects that “90-plus percent” of all U.S. sports betting will be done via mobile devices within the next 10 years. Considering that New Jersey is seeing its sports betting handle about 80 percent through mobile, that prediction is very possible.
Sugarhouse Promotions 6/14/19
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
2. New Member Spin To Win! For those who live near the SugarHouse Casino or are planning a trip there, you’re in luck! Join the Rush Rewards program and stop in the casino to spin the wheel that is GUARANTEED to be a winner! It’s quick, easy and FREE! Once you join you get to spin a wheel for same day free play worth anywhere from $5 to $250.
Today’s Best Bets at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
Women’s World Cup
Japan vs Scotland 9:00 AM
Japan is coming off of a disappointing draw against Argentina, who got their first ever World Cup point. Scotland played a good England team tight and fell just short 2-1. Japan not scoring against Argentina is a sign that this offense isn’t as good as the one four years ago that helped get them to the World Cup Finals. Their defense is still there and Saki Kumagai is one of the best defenders in the tournament.
These two teams only totaled five shots on goal in their last games. Let’s assume they total that again, it is safe to assume that three or more of those shots on goal won’t be going in. Japan was the best passing team after each team’s first game this tournament. They are a methodical team that doesn’t take a lot of risks. A loss here could end their World Cup hopes, so I expect them to continue to be timid and not want to give up a big goal to possibly end their chances of advancing. The UNDER is a great pick in this one.
Round 2 Leader
Another great prop bet is available for Round 2 of the U.S. Open today. Now we can bet on who will have the lead after Round 2 of the tournament. Justin Rose is the leader by one shot at -6 and his odds to be leading after the second round are +333, pretty good odds for the leader. That is why I like these types of bets, you can place three equal amount bets and as long as one hits you will at least turn some profit.
That is exactly what I am doing today. Justin Rose with the one-shot lead at +333 is too hard to turn down. Another pick I like is Rickie Fowler+550. Fowler only had one boogie on the day and it was on #9, one of the toughest, if not the toughest hole on the course. My third choice is Francesco Molinari+2000. Scoring conditions were ideal Day 1, they may not be so generous in Day 2. If they’re not, Molinari is the type of player that can move a couple of strokes in the right direction while others falter. At 20/1 odds I like him as a great value pick.
Justin Rose+333, Rickie Fowler+550, and Francesco Molinari+2000
Major League Baseball
Milwaukee Brewers vs San Francisco Giants 10:15 PM
The hot Milwaukee Brewers and surprisingly hot San Francisco Giants meet for the first of a three-game series. Zach Davies hits the mound for the Brewers and is having a great season. Davies is 7-0 with a 2.41 ERA. Strikeouts aren’t really there as he only has 48 in 74 2/3 innings, but he has been effective nonetheless.
Drew Pomeranz will pitch for the Giants and he has been having a rough year. Pomeranz is 1-6 with a 7.16 ERA, which is among the highest in baseball. Despite pitching 30 fewer innings than Davies, Pomeranz has two more strikeouts. However, he also has more walks than Davies, and those have been causing problems for Pomeranz this year, as have home runs (11 in 44 innings).
Davies is going up against the fourth worst scoring offense and this worst hitting, so he should have a solid game tonight. The Brewers are crushing the ball this year and are third in the league in home runs. I like the Brewers to put up a lot of runs in this one while Davies holds down the fort on the mound. The odds on this one aren’t too bad either all things considered.