Top Industry News
1. SugarHouse Casino will be rebranded as Rivers Casino Philadelphia. Rush Street Gaming, owners of SugarHouse, are rebranding SugarHouse to be consistent with their three other casinos, all named Rivers Casinos. The name change will occur next month when online casino gaming launches in Pennsylvania (July 15). The rebranding is part of a $15 million reinvestment.
2. Online sports betting in New Jersey accounted for over 82 percent of the state’s handle in May. Nearly $3 billion has been wagered in New Jersey in the 12 months since sports betting was legalized, including $318.9 million last month. In May of 2018, Nevada’s sports betting handle was $315.5 million. Nevada’s numbers won’t be released until the end of June, but New Jersey could potentially pass Nevada this month for the first time.
3. Iowa is expecting sports betting to be operational by August 1. The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission has been working to get rules for sports betting announced by July 1.
Sugarhouse Promotions 6/17/19
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
2. New Member Spin To Win! For those who live near the SugarHouse Casino or are planning a trip there, you’re in luck! Join the Rush Rewards program and stop in the casino to spin the wheel that is GUARANTEED to be a winner! It’s quick, easy and FREE! Once you join you get to spin a wheel for same day free play worth anywhere from $5 to $250.
Today’s Best Bets at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
Women’s World Cup
China vs Spain 12:00 PM
In their final game of group play, China and Spain will meet to see who will get the second spot in Group B. Spain has the +1 goal differential (China is at 0), so Spain will advance with a draw. Both of China’s matches have been finished with one total goal. Spain lost 1-0 to Germany in their last match.
China will need to be the more aggressive team as they will be the ones who need to score and win to advance. Spain will be content with a draw, so look for Spain to be ultra conservative in this game. China is a defense-first team and if they get out to a 1-0 lead will look to have a number of time-consuming possessions to run down the clock. While it may not be the best bet of the game, China+480 offers a lot of value and may be worth a stab. However, the UNDER is the safest bet in this game.
Major League Baseball
New York Mets vs Atlanta Braves 7:20 PM
Two division rivals begin a three-game series today. The New York Mets are coming off of a series where their bullpen lost them three games. The Atlanta Braves are the hottest team in baseball right now and have one of the best pitchers in the National League going for them today.
Mike Soroka is an early season N.L. Cy Young candidate and has been one of the two best pitchers in the National League, perhaps only trailing Hyun-Jin Ryu. On the season, Soroka is 7-1 with a 1.92 ERA and a 0.97 WHIP. His last start was the first time this season he allowed more than three earned runs in a start (five earned runs in five innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates). The Braves offense is now fourth in the league in runs per game and third in hits. They have recently surpassed the Philadelphia Phillies in the N.L. East and look like the team to beat in the division.
Against a struggling Mets team with a bullpen that can’t seem to do anything right, the Braves are a great pick for both the Money Line and the Run Line.
Braves ML-159 and Braves RL-120
Major League Baseball
San Francisco Giants vs Los Angeles Dodgers 10:10 PM
The San Francisco Giants have won four of their last five games and are scoring over five runs per game in that span. The Los Angeles Dodgers offense hasn’t been itself the past week or so but will have a great chance to get back on track tonight. Pitching for the Giants tonight will be Tyler Beede. Beede has an 8.06 ERA with a 2.06 WHIP and 17 walks in 22.1 innings this season.
Kenta Maeda pitches for the Dodgers tonight and has been having a solid season (3.89 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP). The Dodgers are a good bet on the Money Line, but at -278, there isn’t much value. With the Giants offense picking up steam the last five days, and the potency of the Dodgers eighth-ranked offense going against Beede, the OVER is the best bet with the best value.