Top Industry News
1. Pennsylvania’s sports betting numbers for May were released earlier this week. Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh remained top dog in sports betting handle for the third consecutive month. Since the legalization of sports betting in Pennsylvania, handle has totaled $198,331,191 and revenue $19,672,249.
2. Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber is eyeing an expansion to Las Vegas to help the sport embrace sports beting. The MLS is looking to expand to 30 teams in the near future and Garber believes that Las Vegas provides a lot of great opportunity by being able to bet inside a sports venue. “It’s a mad dash to go to Vegas. It’s an exciting market. And I could see it being on our list for future teams,” said Garber.
3. It appears a West Virginia mobile sportsbook app is on the way. Mobile sports betting was operational in the state until earlier this year when issues arose that caused BetLucky to shut down. West Virginia is currently without a mobile sportsbook at this time, but now it appears that is about to change.
Sugarhouse Promotions 6/21/19
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
2. New Member Spin To Win! For those who live near the SugarHouse Casino or are planning a trip there, you’re in luck! Join the Rush Rewards program and stop in the casino to spin the wheel that is GUARANTEED to be a winner! It’s quick, easy and FREE! Once you join you get to spin a wheel for same day free play worth anywhere from $5 to $250.
Today’s Best Bets at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
New York Mets vs Chicago Cubs 2:20 PM
Jason Vargas takes the mound for the Mets and will be up against Yu Darvish of the Cubs. After a rough season last year, Vargas has pitched rather well this season. Six of his 11 starts Vargas has allowed one earned run or less and he owns a respectable 3.74 ERA on the season. The Cubs aren’t the best hitting team in baseball (16th) so Vargas has an opportunity to have another big game today.
Darvish has a 4.65 ERA and a 1.39 WHIP on the year. The biggest reason is the number of walks he gives up. Darvish has been having trouble with his command throughout most of the season and he has 45 walks in 79 1/3 innings. The Mets have shown great discipline at the plate as a team at times this season. Knowing they have a pitcher that has command troubles, I like the Mets to work a lot of counts today. The value is too good to pass up here with the way Vargas is pitching and Darvish is struggling with his command throughout most of the year.
CONCACAF Gold Cup
El Salvador vs Jamaica 7:00 PM
Both El Salvador and Jamaica opened up their Gold Cup with one goal victories. El Salvador picked up a 1-0 win over 79th ranked Curacao while Jamaica picked up a hard-fought 3-2 victory of 61st ranked Honduras. El Salvador’s win wasn’t very impressive for playing a team like Curacao. Jamaica was up 2-0 at halftime against Honduras before seemingly letting their feet off the gas and letting Honduras make a game out of it.
Jamaica looked like the better team of these two in their first match and against a better opponent. They provide some solid value as well at even money. I think Jamaica gets a win in this one.
Major League Baseball
Detroit Tigers vs Cleveland Indians 7:10 PM
The Tigers are having a rough season and the Indians have been up and down all year. Neither team is very flattering to bet on. However, there is one bet in this game that looks great. This game is featuring two solid pitchers in Matthew Boyd of the Tigers and Trevor Bauer of the Indians. Boyd has a 3.35 ERA with a 1.08 WHIP and an incredible 112 strikeouts and only 17 walks in 88 2/3 innings. Bauer season has been just about as good, 3.41 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, and 117 strikeouts.
Both team’s offenses rank in the bottom 10 in the league in runs per game. With two pitchers this solid on the mound against struggling offenses, it’s hard not to bet the UNDER on this one. Between these two teams this season the UNDER is 74-61-8. I would even consider dropping the total down to 7.5 from 8.0 and get it at plus money.
Under 8-117 and Under 7.5+103