Top Industry News
1. MGM Casinos in Las Vegas bounced two checks made out to a California sports bettor. The real kicker, the checks totaled less than $800. A man in California won several hundred dollars on college basketball and had the MGM casino mail him a check instead of returning to Las Vegas. The first check he received bounced at his bank. The MGM sent him a second check, which also bounced. MGM claims they have no idea how the issue occurred and said they are looking into the issue.
2. Legal sports betting appears to be a regional trend across the United States. While the Northeast and Midwest are embracing sports betting, the South and the West appear to be resisting.
3. While sports betting isn’t legal in California yet, we have estimates of what revenue in the state could look like. California tribal casinos account for more than 25-percent of the national tribal casino revenue report for the entire country. Even with a potential $12 billion industry, it appears the California casino industry is content where it is without the inclusion of sports betting.
Sugarhouse Promotions 6/24/19
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
2. New Member Spin To Win! For those who live near the SugarHouse Casino or are planning a trip there, you’re in luck! Join the Rush Rewards program and stop in the casino to spin the wheel that is GUARANTEED to be a winner! It’s quick, easy and FREE! Once you join you get to spin a wheel for same day free play worth anywhere from $5 to $250.
Today’s Best Bets at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
Women’s World Cup
Sweeden vs Canada 3:00 PM
The fifth-ranked Canadian team takes on the ninth-ranked Swedish team in the first round of the knockout stage. This has the makings to be one of the best matches of the World Cup so far. Both teams went 2-0-1 and finished second in their respective groups. Canada scored four goals in group play and Sweden managed seven goals. This game can truly go either way and should come down to the final minutes.
While taking either team to win this game is a good bet with good value, there are two other bets in this game that appear safer bets with good value as well. The total is set low in this one at 1.5 and the payout on “Yes” for both teams to score provides excellent value. The last two times these teams played, both teams scored in each game and totaled 15 goals (both games occurred in the last 16 months).
Over 1.5 -175 and “Yes” on both teams to score +128
College World Series
Michigan vs Vanderbilt 7:00 PM
It is Game 1 of the College World Series Championship and it pits unranked Michigan against #2 Vanderbilt. It is a bit of a David vs Goliath matchup, but David (Michigan) isn’t your typical underdog. The Wolverines already eliminated the #1 team in the country in UCLA by beating them twice and they followed up by beating the #10 team in the country twice as well (Texas Tech). Coming off of a 15-3 blowout over Texas Tech, Michigan has a lot of momentum heading into the Championship.
Vanderbilt mounted a ninth-inning comeback in their last game to knock out Louisville and advance to the Championship. They have one of the best pitching staffs in college baseball but are no impossible to hit off of as shown by Duke in the first round when the Blue Devils dropped 18 runs on the Commodores. Look for Michigan to pull the upset in Game 1 by keeping their hot bats going.
Major League Baseball
Colorado Rockies vs San Francisco Giants 10:05 PM
Colorado is coming off of one of the roughest-three game stretches of any team this season. The Rockies suffered three straight walk-off losses to the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Giants are also coming off of a walk-off defeat to the Arizona Diamondbacks in extra innings. Jon Gray takes the mound for the Rockies and will battle Drew Pomeranz of the Giants. Gray has never beaten the Giants and Pomeranz has never lost to the Rockies.
Despite those two stats, the Rockies should pick up a victory in this game. After their 3-12 start to the season, the Rockies have been one of the best teams in the N.L. They now have the second-best offense in baseball and Pomeranz isn’t the same pitcher he has been in the past. The Giants get the least hits per game in baseball so Gray should have a great chance to get his first win against the Giants. It’s hard to pass up the Rockies in this one, especially with the great value they are getting.