Top Industry News
1. William Hill US and Mescalero Apache Tribe Announce New Sports Book at Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino in New Mexico. This will mark the first sportsbook in the state of New Mexico for William Hill. It is also the first tribal agreement for William Hill outside of Nevada. The new sportsbook is expected to open prior to the start of the 2019 NFL season.
2. The Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa will open its new sportsbook to the public on Friday. The Moneyline Bar & Book is a $12 million investment from the casino’s parent company, MGM Resorts International. The 8,000-square-foot sportsbook will feature a 40-foot-wide by 11½-foot-tall LED video wall with 17 other screens around the lounge ranging from 86-inch to 98-inch displays. The 35-foot-long center bar has 19 built-in video gaming terminals and there will be six betting windows and multiple kiosks to give sports bettors different options for how to place a wager.
3. According to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, DraftKings reported a software glitch back in November that allowed “problem gamblers” to continue betting. The gamblers selected a “cool-off status” that limited their sports betting abilities, but the glitch allowed for them to continue to bet through it by setting the cool-off period back to zero days. DraftKings discovered the glitch on their own and turned themselves in to the Gaming Enforcement, where they were fined $5,000.
Sugarhouse Promotions 6/26/19
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
2. New Member Spin To Win! For those who live near the SugarHouse Casino or are planning a trip there, you’re in luck! Join the Rush Rewards program and stop in the casino to spin the wheel that is GUARANTEED to be a winner! It’s quick, easy and FREE! Once you join you get to spin a wheel for same day free play worth anywhere from $5 to $250.
Today’s Best Bets at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Arizona Diamondbacks 3:40 PM
The Los Angeles Dodgers are continuing to look like baseball’s best team and the Diamondbacks are still in a slump. Tony Gonsolin will be making his major league debut for the Dodgers. Gonsolin is the Dodgers’ fourth-best prospect and was the recipient of last year’s Branch Rickey Minor League Pitcher of the Year Award. In AAA ball this year Gonsolin owns a 2.77 ERA. He has 31 strikeouts in 26 innings and has only allowed one home run.
Taylor Clarke makes the start for the Diamondbacks and has been having a rough year. His last three starts Clarke has allowed 13 earned runs in 11 innings, including giving up six home runs. Clarke pitched against the Dodgers three weeks ago and only allowed two earned runs in five innings.
It can be hard for teams to go up against a pitcher making his major league debut, as very few, if any, players have any experience against him. Gonsolin is a solid prospect and should get plenty of run support from his high scoring teammates against a struggling pitcher.
Major League Baseball
Texas Rangers vs Detroit Tigers 7:10 PM
We have a solid pitching matchup in tonight’s game between the Texas Rangers and the Detroit Tigers. Mike Minor (7-4 2.52 ERA) takes the hill for the Rangers and goes up against Matthew Boyd (5-5 3.61 ERA) of the Tigers. Both pitchers have been having solid seasons. Minor has a 1.15 WHIP with 103 strikeouts in 103.2 innings. Boyd has a 1.11 WHIP with 118 strikeouts in 94 2/3 innings.
The Tigers have the second-worst offense in baseball at 3.5 runs per game, so Minor should manage another strong outing tonight. The Rangers have baseball’s second-best offense at 5.6 runs per game, but I like Boyd’s chances of slowing them down today. The winner in this game could go either way, but I expect it to be a low-scoring tight matchup. The best bet in this game is the UNDER.
CONCACAF Gold Cup
Panama vs USA 8:30 PM
Both Panama and the USA have already qualified for the knockout stage. However, they will be playing this game for seeding purposes, so it isn’t a meaningless game. The USA team has outscored Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana 10-0 while Panama allowed two goals to Guyana (their first ever goals in a major tournament).
Both teams have looked fairly good in their first two matches, and have good numbers on paper, but that could speak more to the competition that they played. The 30th ranked American team has beaten the 75th ranked Panama team by a combined score of 7-0 in their last two meetings. With seeding still on the line, I expect both teams to come out hard at the beginning of this game. I like the USA team to sweep the group with a win today, and I also like the OVER as well.
USA-200 and Over 2.5-118