Top Industry News
1. The Washington DC Council is split on a mobile betting app contract. The District is a few months away from launching sports betting but some issues are still in the way. The head of the D.C. Office of Lottery and Charitable Games testified Wednesday that if the council doesn’t approve the contract next month, it could be years before D.C. could have a mobile sports betting app.
2. New York to study online sports betting as well as downstate casinos. New York officials have issued a request for proposals for a gaming market study on online sports betting as well as up to three downstate casinos. The majority of New York’s gambling facilities are located upstate. The New York State Gaming Commission is looking to evaluate “the entire gaming industry in the state,” and want a report by the end of the year.
3. William Hill donates $50,000 from FanDuel copyright lawsuit. William Hill filed a lawsuit last October against FanDuel claiming that they copied their betting guide. The matter was settled out of court back in January. The lawsuit said that FanDuel copied their “how to bet” sports betting guide last year. Court papers showed that entire sections appeared to be copied word for word and one page even had William Hill’s name in the text. The $50,000 donation will go to the Rutgers University Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program.
Sugarhouse Promotions 6/27/19
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
2. New Member Spin To Win! For those who live near the SugarHouse Casino or are planning a trip there, you’re in luck! Join the Rush Rewards program and stop in the casino to spin the wheel that is GUARANTEED to be a winner! It’s quick, easy and FREE! Once you join you get to spin a wheel for same day free play worth anywhere from $5 to $250.
Today’s Best Bets at Sugarhouse Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Seattle Mariners vs Milwaukee Brewers 2:10 PM
Mike Leake takes the mound for the Seattle Mariners and will go up against Chase Anderson of the Milwaukee Brewers. Leake and Anderson have both been having less than stellar seasons. Leake owns a 4.54 ERA and Anderson’s ERA is up to 4.70. The Mariners have been hot lately, going 6-1 in their last seven games while the Brewers have struggled, going 2-7 in their last nine. The Mariners could pull an upset today, so the winner in this game will be hard to pick.
The pick in this game to get your money on is the total. The total is currently set at 10.5 but this game should eclipse that. Leake has allowed four or more earned runs six times this season and is coming off of a game where he allowed seven earned runs in 5 1/3 innings, to the Baltimore Orioles of all teams. Anderson’s most recent performance wasn’t much better, allowing six earned runs in five innings against the Cincinnati Reds. The Mariners have scored 52 runs in the last seven games and the Brewers average five runs a game on the year. The OVER seems like a safe bet in this one.
Over 10.5 -114
Women’s World Cup
Norway vs England 3:00 PM
The third-ranked England team takes on the 12th-ranked Norwegian team in the first game of the quarterfinals. In their last three matchups, the teams have each scored three goals and have a record of 1-1-1. Norway advanced after a 4-1 win in penalty shots against a tough Australian team. England advanced with ease with a 3-0 win over a subpar Cameroon team.
It appears England will be without two central-defenders in Steph Houghton and Millie Bright. Norway has been impressive this World Cup despite the absence of one of the best players in the world in Ada Hegerberg. Norway’s only loss was to the host French team in a tight 2-1 game. They have looked pretty solid on the field so far this tournament and are certainly capable of the upset today. At +265 it is hard to pass up on this Norwegian team.
Major League Baseball
Oakland Athletics vs Los Angeles Angels 10:07 PM
The Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Angels begin a four-game series tonight. Tanner Anderson gets the start for the A’s and goes up against Griffin Canning of the Angels. Both teams are coming into the series hot. Anderon will be making his fourth start and has yet to pitch six full innings, allowing at least two earned runs in all three starts (two against Tampa Bay’s 18th-ranked offense). Canning has been pretty solid this season. He has a 3.88 ERA but his impressive stat is his WHIP (1.02). This will be his third start against Oakland this season (12 innings, five earned runs, 13 strikeouts, and one walk in his previous two appearances). He has a below 1.00 WHIP in his two games against Oakland.
I think Canning has another strong outing today against the Athletics and Anderson will struggle to go deep into the game once again. The Angels’ ninth-ranked offense should cause enough trouble for Anderson to get a comfortable lead for Canning. The Angels are 29-22 against RHP this season compared to 28-31 for the A’s.