Top Industry News
1. Earlier this month the Arkansas Racing Commission approved sports betting plans for the Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort. The approval allows sports betting to begin today, July 1. Arkansas could see sports betting begin as soon as today.
2. Online sports betting officially becomes legal today in Tennessee. It appears that FanDuel is interested in the idea of launching in Tennessee. However, there is no timetable in place just yet.
3. DraftKings has recently applied for a license to partner with a casino in Pennsylvania to offer sports betting. The license they are trying to get will allow them to partner with a PA casino and get them into the Pennsylvania market. If granted, they will be able to offer sports betting as well as online gambling.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/1/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Janko Tipsarevic vs Yoshihito Nishioka 6:00 AM
Janko Tipsarevic has had a long career (turned pro in 2002) but has had to battle a lot of injuries along the way. Seven surgeries later and Tipsarevic is continuing to play on the ATP Tour. Yoshihito Nishioka is a young Japanese player who is currently ranked 68th in the world. He doesn’t have the strongest serve, but he is a fast young player that should give the aging Tipsarevic plenty of trouble. Of all of the first-round matches today, this is the one that provides the best value. Nishioka’s game matches up well against Tipsarevic and I like his odds to advance to the second round.
Roger Federer is still looking like one of the best players in the world even at age 37. Federer owns the grass court and Wimbledon in particular. Federer has eight Wimbledon titles and one as recent as 2017, so the talent is absolutely still there. He is playing some great tennis at the moment and is 32-4 on the year with three titles. He is coming off of a French Open semi-final loss to Rafael Nadal, the eventual champ, in his last Grand Slam. Of all of the favorites, Federer is the one I like with solid odds.
On grass surfaces, the serve is more important than on clay or hard court. One player with the biggest and best serves on the ATP Tour is John Isner. He currently has the best 52-week serve rating on grass surfaces on the tour. In that same time span on grass Isner has won 75.5% of his first serve points and 97.2% of his service games. His big serve will carry him in this tournament and makes him a great longshot to take a stab at.
Roger Federer+333 and John Isner+10000
Major League Baseball
Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays 1:07 PM
The Kansas City Royals and Toronto Blue Jays meet for the final game of their four-game series. Neither team is having a good year, so the winner of this game isn’t what we are after in this one. The last two games of this series have gone OVER and I expect this one to go OVER too.
Glenn Sparkman gets the start for the Royals and Clayton Richard goes for the Blue Jays. Neither pitcher is doing particularly well this season. Both teams offenses are having field days on each other’s pitching staffs and today should be no different. Once the starters are pulled, it doesn’t get much better as both bullpens rank in the bottom half of the league in ERA. Runs should pile up in this one. We’re even raising the total from 10.5 to 11 to maximize our winnings.