Top Industry News
1. Half of Americans live in states that will soon offer sports gambling. Since the SCOTUS decision in May of 2018 sports betting laws have passed or are pending in 13 states, with 35 considering it. According to the Gambling Compliance, by 2024 as many as 40 states could have legal sports betting, which would allow about 50 percent of the American population to legally bet in their state.
2. FanDuel has filed paperwork with the Indiana Gaming Association to open both retail and online sportsbooks. FanDuel is partnered with Boyd Gaming (who acquired Valley Forge Casino in Pennsylvania last year, which is the PA sportsbook that FanDuel operates). The two Boyd Gaming casinos in Indiana are the Blue Chip Casino Hotel Spa in Michigan City and the Belterra Casino Resort in Florence.
3. Sports betting in Rhode Island is under fire. Daniel Harrop of Portsmouth filed suit against the Rhode Island Division of Lotteries and state Department of Administration in May, claiming voters did not approve sports betting in a November 2016 referendum. Harrop’s representatives say that a ballot referendum is required to approve any new types of gambling and the 2016 referendum did not include the question. The state maintains that the ballot question included references to “Class 3 gaming” that includes sports betting.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/11/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
John Deere Classic 2019 7:50 AM
The John Deere Classic begins today and features some top young players in the game. You won’t find players like Tiger Woods or Brooks Koepka in this year’s tournament. However, this is one player in this tournament who has been performing well in big tournaments this year and has a great shot at winning this tournament.
Viktor Hovland tied for 32nd at the Masters and tied for 12th at the U.S. Open. He was the top amateur in both tournaments and was the first to do that in the same year since Matt Kuchar back in 1998. He is coming off of back to back T13th finishes at the Rocket Mortgage Classic and the 3M. Considering the field of this tournament, Hovland is one of the best players in the draw and has an excellent opportunity to win this tournament with the way he plays. Not only is he an excellent bet to win this tournament, but he provides plus money odds at a Top 5, Top 10, and Top 20 finish. These are four separate bets with great value that are certainly worth making.
Viktor Hovland Winner+1600, Top 5+400, Top 10+225, and Top 20+125
Elina Svitolina vs Simona Halep 8:00 AM
Eighth-ranked Elina Svitolina takes on seventh-ranked Simona Halep in the Wimbledon semi-finals. The higher seeded Halep is the big favorite in this one, but it is Svitolina that I like to win in this one. She has won three of the past four matches against Halep. This will be their first time playing on a grass surface.
Svitolina is the type of player that makes her opponent run and that is exactly how she has beaten Halep in three of their last four. Halep has a second serve that is traditionally attackable, although she has been doing better in this tournament. However, I like Svitolina to attack the Halep serve and wear her down as the match goes on.
Major League Baseball
Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers 8:05 PM
The first game after the All-Star break and the only game slated for tonight, the Houston Astros take on the Texas Rangers. Starting for the Astros is a pitcher who is coming off of two rough starts, Framber Valdez (3-4 4.57 ERA). Valdez has allowed 11 earned runs in his last two starts in only 6 1/3 innings. Starting the season as a bullpen guy, Valdez has been back-and-forth from the Minors this season due to his inconsistent play.
Lance Lynn (11-4 3.91 ERA) starts for the Rangers and has been their second-best pitcher this year behind All-Star Mike Minor. In 115 innings this season Lynn has 123 strikeouts and only 26 walks with a 1.22 WHIP. In his last two starts, he has gone 15 innings and only allowed two earned runs while striking out 15 and walking just 1. The Rangers trail the Astros by nine games after a recent slump, but after a lengthy break, I like them to pick up a win and caught that lead to eight with some great pitching from Lynn.