Top Industry News
1. Look for FanDuel to make its way into Pennsylvania in the coming weeks. The goal for sportsbooks across the country is to be operational by the start of the upcoming NFL season. While it is safe to assume FanDuel will be ready before then, we could see FanDuel operating online in Pennsylvania in August, possibly as early as this month.
2. Sports betting in Montana is expected to be underway soon, possibly by the end of the year. However, there could be some issues that can possibly delay the launch. Gambling lobbyists in the state are urging a slower path, suggesting that the Montana Lottery should rebid its contract with Intralot. “I’m hearing rumblings within the industry that should the (Lottery) Commission go ahead and do a no-bid contract … that you could have some litigation over that,” said Neil Peterson of the Gaming Industry Association of Montana.
3. State regulators in Iowa are expected to vote on sports betting rules at a meeting on July 30. If so, Iowa could see sports betting operational as soon as mid-August.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/12/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Rafael Nadal vs Roger Federer 10:00 AM
In the Men’s semi-finals, two of the greatest to ever play the game of tennis faceoff. Nadal cruised in his last match against unranked American Sam Querrey and Federer struggled early but cruised late against eighth-seeded Kei Nishikori. Nadal managed to handle the hard Querrey serve, but didn’t have much of a challenge outside of that. Federer managed to handle the all-around good player in Nishikori with moderate ease.
Federer is the greatest grass-court player in the history of the game. His serve is also one of the best we have ever seen, and not too many people realize that. Nadal handled the speed of Querrey’s flat serve, but Federer’s serve is both fast and deadly accurate. Federer has won three of their last four meetings, with Nadal’s only win coming on clay. As an underdog, it is hard to pass up on Federer.
Major League Baseball
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Chicago Cubs 2:20 PM
Chris Archer (3-6 5.49 ERA) of the Pittsburgh Pirates takes on Yu Darvish (2-4 5.01 ERA) and the Chicago Cubs. Both pitchers are having down years they weren’t expecting. They both give up a ton of walks and home runs (Archer has allowed 20 home runs in 78 2/3 innings and Darvish has allowed 20 in 97 innings).
Archer has been pitching a little better of late, only allowing six earned runs in his last three starts. Darvish is starting to slide back down after a brief rise. He has allowed 13 earned runs in the last 17 2/3 innings. The Pirates entered the All-Star Break on a bit of a hot streak while the Cubs went in cold. With the hotter team and the hotter pitcher, I like the Pirates to pull a nice upset in this one. The total isn’t set as of now, but the OVER would be worth a bet too, assuming it is in the nine-run range.
Major League Baseball
Washington Nationals vs Philadelphia Phillies 6:05 PM
Another tale of hot and cold, the rising Washington Nationals take on the slumping Philadelphia Phillies. Stephen Strasburg (10-4 3.64 ERA) gets the start for the Nationals and faces Nick Pivetta (4-3 5.84 ERA) of the Phillies. After a rough start to their season, the Nationals are now in the first Wild Card spot and only six games back of the Atlanta Braves. The Phillies have fallen to a half-game back of the Nationals after their hot start to the season.
Strasburg has been the better pitcher between him and Pivetta and his 1.04 WHIP is one of the best in baseball. He threw seven scoreless innings in his last outing against the Miami Marlins. Pivetta’s been rocked for 19 earned runs in his last four starts. Like the Pirates/Cubs game, we are going to ride the hotter pitcher and the hotter team and take the Nationals in this one.