Top Industry News
1. New Hampshire joined the legal sports betting party this past week. Governor Chris Sununu signed the bill into law on Friday. Sports betting will be legal at both online and brick-and-mortar locations. Remote registration will be allowed for mobile accounts as well. However, the expected launch date of legal sports betting in New Hampshire isn’t until July 1, 2020.
2. Sports betting could be making its way to New York as soon as Tuesday. Rivers Casino in Schenectady is expected to launch sports betting on Tuesday with Tioga Downs following up on Wednesday. Both expect to get their licensing as soon as today. New York’s two other commercial casinos (del Lago Casino and Resorts World Catskills) don’t have an expected launch date at this time.
3. The idea of legal sports betting in Texas seems farfetched at the moment as the Texas Republican party is clearly against sports betting. If the Lonestar State is ever going to get legal sports betting in the near future, it is possible that Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys, could be the reason why.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/15/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Tampa Bay Rays vs New York Yankees 7:05 PM
The Tampa Bay Rays (55-40) and the New York Yankees (59-32) meet for an important series that could go a long way towards determining the winner of the A.L. East. Reigning A.L. Cy Young winner Blake Snell (5-7 4.70 ERA) gets the start for the Rays and James Paxton (5-4 4.01 ERA) will start for the Yankees. Neither pitcher is having a season up to their expectations and both have had some serious struggles at times during the year.
Snell got destroyed by the Yankees the last time he faced them, allowing seven earned runs and 11 hits in just one-third of an inning. Paxton has been a little better than Snell, but still not as solid as he would prefer. He has allowed 30 walks in just 76 1/3 innings and has a high WHIP of 1.43. Tampa Bay has scored 33 runs in their four games since the All-Star break and the Yankees have baseball’s second-highest scoring offense. With two pitchers clearly not at the top of their game, the OVER should be all but a lock in this one.
Major League Baseball
Chicago White Sox vs Kansas City Royals 8:15 PM
Lucas Giolito (11-3 3.15 ERA) and the Chicago White Sox take on Jakob Junis (4-8 5.33 ERA) and the Kansas City Royals. Giolito has the highest ERA among qualified starters last season and has been reborn this season. He made an appearance in this year’s All-Star game and has allowed one earned run or less in nine of his 17 starts this year. His 1.07 WHIP is one of the highest in baseball and he has 120 strikeouts in just 100 innings. Giolito has made four starts against the Royals this season, allowing five earned runs and nine hits in 25 innings.
Junis’ season hasn’t been going as well. Not only does he have a high ERA, but his WHIP is fairly high as well (1.45). Junis faced the White Sox in his first start of the season and allowed three earned runs in 5 2/3 innings. Giolito owns the Royals this season and that trend should continue today. Junis is a shaky pitcher that is capable of getting rocked on any given night. Look for Chicago to end their skid today with a runaway win in Kansas City.