Top Industry News
1. Two online casinos launched yesterday in Pennsylvania. Hollywood and Parx Casino’s became the first two casinos to offer online casino gaming in Pennsylvania. More casinos are expected to join the launch party soon. Yesterday was the first day Pennsylvania casinos were able to launch online casinos and poker rooms. Online poker in Pennsylvania may be a little farther behind.
2. Indiana has issued 12 temporary sports betting certificates to casinos. The licensing process in Indiana was eligible to begin back on July 1st. Casinos in the state have goals set to have sports betting launched by September 1st.
3. The FanDuel Sportsbook at Tioga Downs Casino in New York will be fully launching on Friday, July 19. A soft launch is expected on Wednesday, but the sportsbook will be fully operational at 2:30 PM on Friday.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/16/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Washington Nationals vs Baltimore Orioles 7:05 PM
The Washington Nationals will look to keep their hot streak going with a win today on the road against the Baltimore Orioles. Two pitchers who have less than fifteen innings on the season will be making starts. Austin Voth (0-0 5.52 ERA) starts for the Nationals and Asher Wojciechowski (0-2 6.10 ERA) gets the start for the Orioles. The Nationals are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games and are starting to look like the team everyone expected them to be before the season started.
Washington should cruise to a victory today against baseball’s worst team, even with two questionable pitchers on the mound. Not only are the Nationals a great pick in this one, but so is the OVER. Voth and Wojciechowski have made five combined starts and have yet to look solid in any of them. Both teams will score runs in bunches in this one, so the OVER is the best bet, but you can’t pass up a hot Nationals team against a team like the Orioles.
Nationals-210 and Over 11.5+102
Major League Baseball
San Diego Padres vs Miami Marlins 7:10 PM
Two teams below .500 and struggling on offense meet as the San Diego Padres take on the Miami Marlins. Pitching for the Padres will be Logan Allen (2-1 4.50 ERA). The Marlins will send out the hard to figure out Jordan Yamamoto (3-0 1.24 ERA). Yamamoto has looked unhittable in his five starts. His only issue has been his walks (15 in 29 innings), and he has only allowed 11 hits on the year. The Padres are 24th in the league in walks, so Yamamoto should have another solid day on the mound.
Allen has made three starts this year and was solid in two (zero earned runs and two earned runs), but got rocked in his most recent start, allowing six earned runs in just four innings. Both teams have a hard time scoring, so this game could go either way, especially if Allen pitches a solid game. I expect Yamamoto to continue looking great. With both teams struggling so much to score, the UNDER in this one is a solid play.