Top Industry News
1. SugarHouse Casino will launch its online casino games on Wednesday for two days of testing. SugarHouse will become the third casino to launch online this week, joining Parx and Hollywood.
2. Legal sports betting has officially begun in New York. Rivers Casino in Schenectady took the state’s first legal bet on Tuesday.
3. SEC commissioner Grek Sankey believes that legal gambling may harm players. Sankey says that the mental health of the athletes in an important issue and should be considered when it comes to betting on collegiate sports. “We’re seeing trends in the mental health area that should cause us all to pause before these ideas around specific event betting within college sports are allowed to take place,” Sankey said at media day on Monday. “And I’m talking about, for example, whether a field goal is made or missed, whether a 3-point try is successful. Is a pitched ball a strike or a ball?
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/17/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals 1:15 PM
The rubber match of the three-game series between two divisional rivals, the Pittsburgh Pirates and the St. Louis Cardinals, will take place this afternoon. Chris Archer (3-6 5.42 ERA) will get the start for the Pirates. Archer has been having a horrendous season, allowing four or more earned runs in six and three or more earned runs in 11 of his 16 starts. He has only gone past the six-inning mark twice this season.
Daniel Ponce de Leon (1-0 1.99 ERA) will get another start for the Cardinals. Ponce de Leon has made seven appearances this season, four of them starts. He has only allowed more than one earned run in any appearance once so far this season. Five of the seven runs he has allowed this season have been on home runs. The Pirates are 26th in the league in home runs, so Ponce de Leon should be able to keep the ball in the park for the most part. As long as he does that, he will be hard to beat. Pittsburgh has only scored 13 runs in their last five games (2.6 per game).
Major League Baseball
Atlanta Braves vs Milwaukee Brewers 2:10 PM
Dallas Keuchel (3-2 3.09 ERA) will make his sixth start of the season for the Atlanta Braves and will battle Chase Anderson (4-2 4.27 ERA) and the Milwaukee Brewers. Keuchel has done well in his limited action since joining the Braves last month. The bad news for the rest of the league, he is only going to keep getting better as the season goes on, and that is just what he is doing now. He allowed three earned runs in each of his first two starts, two earned runs in each of his next two, and just one earned run in his last start. Which means he should only allow one earned run today, right? That very well could be the case.
Anderson has been having a solid season as well for the Brewers. However, Anderson isn’t a deep inning guy. He has only pitched six innings once so far this season and averages less than five innings per start. The Brewers have an average bullpen at best, and Josh Hader isn’t going to be able to pitch four innings for the Brewers in this one. Meaning they will be vulnerable, especially if Anderson can’t even make it a full five innings. With the Braves being one of the hottest teams in baseball since June, and Keuchel only getting better, it is hard to pass up on the Braves in this one. The Brewers ended their slump with a blowout win yesterday, but they are still 3-8 SU in their last 11 games.