Top Industry News
1. iPhone owners in Pennsylvania got some good news today. Pennsylvania sports bettors can now access and bet on their BetRivers and PlaySugarHouse accounts on their iPhones. Simply access either sportsbook via their website on your phone and download the geolocation app to verify your location.
2. Earlier this week, the North Carolina House passed Senate Bill 154 (bill previously passed in Senate), which will legalize sports betting. Now it will head to Governor Roy Cooper for approval. Cooper has 30 days from passage to sing the bill into law, veto the bill, or allow it to pass without his signature.
3. Breeders’ Cup and FanDuel Group announced a multi-year sponsorship agreement yesterday. The agreement gives TVG and FanDuel official partner status for advanced-deposit wagering (TVG), sports betting, daily fantasy sports, and online casino. TVG will produce the Breeders’ Cup Players’ Show, a live wagering-focused telecast of the World Championships.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/18/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Winner of The Open Championship
A links-style golf course is a little different than the traditional course you would see in the US. Putting the ball on the fairway off the tee is key as the roughs are full of thick brush that can be hard to get out of. While hitting the ball far is always nice, a course like Royal Portrush requires accuracy over distance.
Rory McIlroy is the favorite as this tournament is located in his home country of Northern Ireland. Other big hitters like Brooks Koepka, Dustin Johnson, and Jon Rahm round out the top four favorites. A player like Henrik Stenson is a great bet in this situation. A European player who is familiar with link-style golf and is fifth on the tour in driving accuracy. A favorite like Rory isn’t a bad bet, but a nice value pick is Stenson at +2500
Major League Baseball
San Diego Padres vs Miami Marlins 12:10 PM
Two teams struggling to get wins and runs meet as the San Diego Padres and Miami Marlins play the third and final game of the series. The two teams split the first two games and will be looking for a series win today. Caleb Smith (5-4 3.46 ERA) has been a great surprise for the Marlins this year. He has been their best starter and has great numbers across the board (1.04 WHIP, 94 strikeouts in 78 innings).
Dinelson Lamet (0-2 6.30 ERA) takes the mound for the Padres. Lamet’s ERA looks bad, and it is, but he has only pitched 10 innings this season. He will be making his third start of the year with his first two coming against big offenses in the Atlanta Braves and Los Angeles Dodgers. Going up against the league’s lowest-scoring team, Lamet should post some better numbers today. He does have 14 strikeouts in his limited time this season with a 1.20 WHIP. Look for both starters to have solid starts as the offenses will continue to struggle to find runs. It’s anyone’s game, but the UNDER should be in a great position to cover once this one finishes.