Top Industry News
1. In the case between the Pennsylvania Lottery and the state’s casinos, the Pennsylvania Lottery saw the first victory in what is sure to be a long battle. A judge ruled in favor of the lottery when the casino’s asked for an injunction to stop the iLottery games from operating that are in question. The seven Pennsylvania casinos that are apart of the court case say that some iLottery games are too similar to the slot offerings at the casinos, making them illegal.
2. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board released its monthly sports wagering report yesterday. June was the first month that the state has had a full month of online sports betting. In June, SugarHouse led the way with more than $18.1 million in online sports betting handle, Rivers was second with just under $850,000 and Parx was last among the three with just over $300,000 in handle. Rivers and Parx didn’t begin operations until the final week of June, which explains their low numbers in comparison to SugarHouse, which began operations at the end of May. July’s numbers will be the first where all three have a full month of operation under their belt.
3. The PGCB also released its 2018/2019 fiscal year numbers for gaming and fantasy contests yesterday. Revenue totaled over $3.3 billion, a new high in the state. The 2019/2020 fiscal year is all but a guarantee to eclipse that number with a full year of legal sports betting, as well as the addition of online casinos and poker rooms this fiscal year.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/19/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bet at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Major League Baseball
San Diego Padres vs Chicago Cubs 2:20 PM
Eric Lauer (5-7 4.04 ERA) starts for the San Diego Padres as they take on Jon Lester (9-6 3.74 ERA) of the Chicago Cubs. After a recent slump, the Cubs have rebounded well and won seven of their last nine games. The Padres and their offense continue to struggle as they are now 22nd in runs scored per game and are 4-10 SU in their last 14 games.
Lester’s season started out rough, then he got hot, then cooled down, and now appears to be on the rise again. In his last four starts, he has allowed seven earned runs in 24 2/3 innings. Lauer has pitched excellent his last three starts, only allowing one earned run in each start, but didn’t record a win in any of those starts due to the Padres lackluster bats (seven runs scored in those three games). Look for Lester and the Cubs to get a win, not so much with their bats, but with the lack of San Diego bats. The UNDER is a nice bet in this one as well. The total isn’t available at this moment, but expect it in the range of eight-nine runs. Either way, I still like the Under regardless.
Cubs-157 and Under?
Major League Baseball
Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles 7:05 PM
The defending World Series champion Boston Red Sox take on the league’s worst team in the Baltimore Orioles. Typically you would assume a blowout Red Sox win, and usually, that will be the case. However, this game might be a little more difficult for Boston than many think. David Price (7-2 3.16 ERA) is pitching for the Sox, and that will get even more people on the Red Sox bandwagon for this one. John Means (7-5 2.94 ERA) will start for Baltimore, and he is the reason you should hold those Red Sox bets.
This pick is more about value than anything. Baltimore is 100% capable of winning this game, as is any team on any given night in any sport. At +185, they have a better chance than the odds would suggest. Means has been on an absolute tear this year. As good as his numbers are on paper, he has looked even better in person. He got rocked in his last start against Tampa Bay, but we can chalk that up to post All-Star nerves. I like Means to bounce back today and get back into his true pitching form. He has only allowed four earned runs in 17 innings against Boston this season. With Means on the mound at +185, the Orioles are worth a value bet today.