Top Industry News
1. Oaklawn Racing Casino Resort in Hot Springs officially accepted the first legal sports bet in Arkansas on Monday. The first bet was placed by Oaklawn General Manager Wayne Smith. Smith placed a $5 bet on the Dallas Cowboys to beat the New York Giants in Week 1 of the NFL season.
2. Sports betting is legal in Illinois, but it could be some time before bets will be placed. State Representative Mike Zalewski says sports betting probably won’t be operating in Illinois until the end of the NFL season, likely by the Super Bowl in February 2020. “It’ll depend largely on [Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s] new Gaming Board, how quickly they can get operational on this topic and decide how fast they issue licenses,” said Zalewski.
3. Legal sports betting appears to be on its way to becoming a priority in Kansas. Representative John Barker, who chairs the Federal and State Affairs Committee, is among those working to legalize sports betting in Kansas. “We will give it some priority. I don’t think we’re in a race with other states. But we also don’t want to fall behind,” said Barker.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/2/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Frances Tiafoe vs Fabio Fognini 10:30 AM
Tiafoe is currently ranked 38th in the world as has been as high as 29th this year. He is a 21-year old American who is certainly a name that we could be talking about a lot over the next few years. Fognini is the 10th ranked player in the world and the experienced player of the two. Tiafoe is coming off of a loss on grass to the 191st ranked player in the world. Fognini is coming off of a round of 16 defeat to the 5th ranked player in the world at the French Open.
Tiafoe is 6-6 on grass in his career and 3-14 against players ranked in the top ten in the world. Fognini is 17-17 in his career on grass. Although he is the underdog, I like the experienced Fognini to get the win against Tiafoe. Neither player is their most comfortable on grass, but in a big stage like Wimbledon, it is best to ride with experience in a matchup like this. A plus money Fognini is hard to pass up.
Women’s World Cup
England vs United States 3:00 PM
Today will be the second time that England and the United States meet this year. The first one ended in a 2-2 draw and this one will decide who makes it to the World Cup finals. England is coming off of an impressive 3-0 win against an underrated Norway team while the US defeated the host French team 2-1. Despite these victories (and not losing a single match yet this World Cup), both teams have one weakness, their defense.
England’s defenders have allowed a number of great opportunities throughout this World Cup, teams like Cameroon and Norway have just not been able to convert those opportunities into goals. The United States will convert on those opportunities. The same could be said for England against the US defense. England has plenty of speed on its attack and could certainly cause problems for a US defense that has been shaky and inconsistent throughout the tournament. This should be another great competitive match and either team could advance in this one. There are two bets in this match that are great values and hard to pass up as I expect at least three goals in this game with each team getting at least one.
“Yes” Both Teams to Score-109 and Over 2.5+110
Major League Baseball
New York Yankees vs New York Mets 7:10 PM
The Subway Series kicks off tonight as James Paxton (5-3 4.34 ERA) of the Yankees goes up against Zach Wheelers (6-5 4.51 ERA) of the Mets. Paxton pitched against the Mets last month and got rocked in 2 2/3 innings, allowing six earned runs. Wheeler also got rocked in his game against the Yankees last month, going 4 2/3 innings and allowing five earned runs.
The Mets finally managed to end their losing streak in their last game, and need to put together a big winning streak going into the all-star break if they want to try and salvage their season. Both of these pitchers have shown greatness as well as major vulnerability this season. It is hard to trust either one of them because you don’t know which pitcher you are going to get on any given start. The safe bet is that at least one, if not both of these pitchers, will have a rough outing. Instead of risking picking a winner in this game that could go either way based off of the starters, the safer bet with solid value is to take the OVER. The OVER is a combined 92-65-10 this season in Met and Yankee games.