Top Industry News
1. Sports betting became legal in Indiana this year as part of a new gaming bill. As of July 1, casino operators in the state are eligible to apply for a sports betting license from the Indiana Gaming Commission. However, it appears that sports betting (mobile or in-person) won’t be available until September 1, at the earliest. The executive director of the Indiana Gaming Commission said that they could not guarantee that the state will be ready for sports betting by then due to unforeseen delays in preparing to license operators.
2. With legal sports betting now in Illinois, PointsBet Announced a 20-Year Partnership with Hawthorne Race Course. The partnership will include a retail sportsbook at the center of the property, as well as statewide mobile betting and a PointsBet presence at off-track betting locations.
3. According to the president of the American Gaming Association, Bill Miller, the year ahead is critical for the expansion of sports betting. In an interview with the Las Vegas Sun, Miller said that one of the top priorities for the AGA is making sure that when it comes to rolling out legal sports betting across the country they “get it done right”.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/3/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Women’s World Cup
Netherlands vs Sweden 3:00 PM
Much like the first World Cup semi-final, this game should be just as exciting. The Dutch team has one of the best attacks in the women’s game and Sweden can counter-attack as well as any. Dutch strikers Vivianne Miedema, Shanice van de Sanden, and Lieke Marten provide excellent attacking skills and can score on any team in the world. On the Swedish side, Sofia Jakobsson and Stina Blackstenius provide the same attacking skills as the Dutch forwards.
Both teams, the Dutch especially, have shown issues on the defensive end. The Dutch very easily could have conceded a few more goals this tournament if not for a little luck and lack of execution on the part of their opponents. Sweden hasn’t been much better themselves on that end, and the Dutch attack should have plenty of good scoring opportunities. This should be an exciting game that either team is certainly capable of winning. Like yesterday’s England/USA match, I like both teams to score as well as hitting the OVER.
“Yes” Both Teams to Score-115 and Over 2.5+112
Major League Baseball
Milwaukee Brewers vs Cincinnati Reds 7:10 PM
The third game of the Milwaukee Brewers (46-40) and Cincinnati Reds (39-44) series pits Jhouly Chacin (3-8 5.60 ERA) of the Brewers against Sonny Gray (4-5 3.94 ERA) of the Reds. Chacin has had plenty of rough starts this season where he got rocked. In his two starts against the Reds, Chacin has allowed seven earned runs and six walks in 10 innings. Gray has made two starts against the Brewers this season, one bad, and one good. His first start he went six scoreless, but his most recent start, June 21st, Gray got touched up for four earned runs in 4 1/3 innings. Gray has surrendered eight walks in 10 1/3 innings against the Brewers this season.
While Gray hasn’t been having huge games where he has allowed five or more earned runs (Chacin has three), his season still hasn’t been that great. Walks are an issue for both pitchers, especially Chacin (35 in 72 1/3 innings). The first two games of the series have been high scoring (23 total runs) and this one should be no different. Stay away from picking a winner in this one as both pitchers are hard to trust (combined 7-13 this season), but count on them to give up plenty of runs.
CONCACAF Gold Cup
Jamaica vs United States 9:30 PM
The second semi-final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup matches up Jamaica and the United States. Jamaica has been a bit of a surprise this tournament as they have yet to drop a match. Scoring hasn’t really been their strength (five goals in four games), but their defense has (allowing only three goals). The United States has won all of their games so far, but the last two have been more difficult than expected (both 1-0 victories).
A common opponent among these two is Curacao. Jamaica and Curacao played in group play and the match resulted in a draw. The US team beat Curacao by a close 1-0 score in the first knockout round. The US team has yet to allow a goal in this tournament and Jamaica isn’t very deadly on the attack, relying heavily on long passes to create opportunities. This game will be another one that will be tougher on the US team than expected, but the US team should advance and the score in the match should certainly be UNDER as well.
USA-205 and Under 2.5-150