Top Industry News
1. A study conducted for Variety by Prodege found that being able to gamble on sports drives interest in watching more sports events in place of other types of TV content. More than half of active legal sports bettors and nearly all of the interested non-bettors say they currently, or will watch more sports on TV when gambling is involved.
2. Oregon appears it will be the first state in the Northwest to offer legal sports betting. The Oregon lottery plans on having online sports betting offering in time for the start of the upcoming NFL season.
3. Puerto Rico has joined in on the legal sports betting craze. Last week the House and Senate in Puerto Rico approved a bill that will allow for legal sports betting on professional sporting events, esports, and fantasy sports. The bill allows for both retail and online sports betting. The bill will now head to Governor Ricardo Rossello’s desk.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/4/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Nick Kyrgios vs Rafael Nadal 12:00 PM
Considering the current odds on the matchup, it is a must bet. Rafael Nadal is only at -335 against Nick Kyrgios. Those are pretty solid odds, especially when you consider the fact that other top players like Roger Federer and Noval Djokovic are at -10000. Kyrgios is the hot-headed tennis player that everyone knows. While he isn’t the worst player remaining in the tournament, he certainly isn’t the best. He is a solid grass court player, but certainly not up to the standards of Nadal.
Nadal has two Wimbledon titles to his name and is coming off of another grand slam title after just winning the French Open. He is still at the top of his game and would probably have four or five Wimbledon titles if it wasn’t for Federer. Nadal has the highest win percentage in Open Era history. Once Nadal gets an early lead and gets in Kyrgios’ head, this match will be over quick.
Major League Baseball
Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals 1:15 PM
The Cleveland Indians have started to hit their stride recently and are starting to look like the team many expected them to be before the season started. The Kansas City Royals are still one of the worst teams in baseball like many expected. Zach Plesac starts for the Indians today and has had a solid season since his debut. Plesac is 3-3 with a 3.61 ERA and a 1.11 WHIP. He has allowed only one run in four of his seven starts this season.
Homer Bailey gets the start for the Royals and is having a better season than last year when he went 1-14 with a 6.09 ERA. His numbers still aren’t that good though this season. Bailey is 7-6 with a 4.87 ERA and a 1.40 WHIP. He also has 36 walks in 85 innings. He has allowed four or more earned runs in seven of his starts this season. A solid Plesac against a pitcher like Bailey is a solid bet, especially with the way the Indians are playing of late. The odds on this one push this bet over the top.
Major League Baseball
Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates 4:05 PM
The Pittsburgh Pirates will go for the sweep of the Chicago Cubs this afternoon. The Pirates have been on a hot streak lately, going 6-2 in their last eight games. The Cubs have been heading in the opposite direction, going 2-7 in their last nine. The Pirates have outscored the Cubs 29-11 in the three games this series.
Jordan Lyles (5-4 3.71 ERA) gets the start for the Pirates and will face Jose Quintana (5-7 4.21 ERA) of the Cubs. Lyles has been great at times this year and had a 1.97 ERA in mid-May before a few recent struggles. Quintana’s season has been up and down allowing eight earned runs in just 4 1/3 innings against the New York Met two starts ago. Then following it up with six scoreless in his last start, against the Cincinnati Reds. A hot Pirates team and a cold Cubs team makes this a good pick for the Pirates. Add in a more consistent Lyles against an unpredictable Quintana and this turns into a great pick as the Pirates look to sweep at plus money.