Top Industry News
1. Governor Janet Mills says she held 39 measures because of technical problems, conflicts with existing laws or concerns about costs. Legal sports betting in Maine has a very murky future.
2. Three online sportsbooks are operating in Pennsylvania. As many as four more are expected to launch this month. FanDuel at Valley Forge Casino, Harrah’s Philadelphia, Hollywood Casino at Penn National, and Presque Isle Downs are all expected to launch their online sportsbooks as early as this month.
3. We are halfway through the 2019 calendar year and every state has at least some sports betting bill on file, except for seven. Wisconsin, Wyoming, Nebraska, Idaho, Florida, Alaska, and Utah are the only states that seem to not be making a push towards legal sports betting. Every other state has had recent sports betting bills introduced.
PA Sportsbook Promotions 7/5/19
PlaySugarHouse and BetRivers Promotions
1. Sugarhouse is still running their $250 new user deposit bonus. Click the banner below and use our exclusive sugarhouse promo code to take advantage of this free money limited time offer.
1. To get you started, Parx is offering their new members a huge welcome package. Begin with a $10 Free Bet – no deposit required – simply for registering an account with them.
2. That’s not all! Get a Risk Free Bet up to $250 with your first deposit if your first settled bet loses.
Today’s Best Bets at SugarHouse, Rivers, and Parx Sportsbook
Reilly Opelka vs Milos Raonic 6:00 AM
Milos Raonic is a tall, hard-serving Canadian that fits the grass court perfectly. Reilly Opelka is a tall, hard-serving American that plays the same style as Raonic. The big difference between the two, Raonic has the experience that Opelka doesn’t have.
This should be a close match in terms of holding serve, but I expect Raonic to get the better of Opelka in two tiebreakers before finally getting a break in the fourth set. This will be a quick match with a lot of serve and volley but the experience of Raonic, along with the better skill set, will propel him to victory. Not only is Raonic a good pick, but the OVER in total games is a good bet as well, as Opelka can easily steal a set from Raonic in a tiebreaker, forcing a fourth set.
Raonic-285 and Over 44.5 Games-122
Major League Baseball
Milwaukee Brewers vs Pittsburgh Pirates 7:05 PM
Two division rivals meet in the final series before the All-Star break. The Milwaukee Brewers have been slumping as of late and the Pittsburgh Pirates have been on the climb. Zach Davies (7-2 3.24 ERA) gets the start for the Brewers and faces Steven Brault (3-1 4.29 ERA) of the Pirates.
Brault has been the better pitcher of the two as of late, but both pitchers are prone to rough outings, despite their respectable ERAs. Davies has a 1.40 WHIP and Brault’s is even higher at 1.59. Walks pile up for both pitchers. Each team’s offense is ranked 15th in runs per game, but the Pirates offense has been doing better as of late. Neither pitcher is very reliable right now, but the OVER should certainly hit in this one with the Pirates increasing offense and the Brewers power-hitting and base-stealing offense.
Major League Baseball
New York Yankees vs Tampa Bay Rays 7:10 PM
Another divisional-rival game, the New York Yankees begin a series with the Tampa Bay Rays. A good pitching matchup is set up between the experienced Masahiro Tanaka (5-5 3.74 ERA) and rookie Brendan McKay (1-0 0.00 ERA). McKay looked stellar in his MLB debut and Tanaka has looked just as good throughout his season.
These two teams will be fighting for the division title the rest of the season and tonight’s game could go a long way to deciding who wins the A.L. East. Either team could take this game, but I expect it to be low-scoring either way. Tanaka has been one of the best pitchers in the A.L. this season and McKay looks to be a legit prospect for the Rays. The Yankees have the number one scoring offense in baseball, but the Rays have the number one pitching squad in baseball, so this should be a great series and a great race to the finish. Whoever wins tonight, I expect them to win with very few runs.